881lb 5oz of fish in five hours to smash the match record!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
John Foster was fishing peg 1 on Bowes Lake at County Durham’s Angel of the North Fishing Lakes, and landed a never-ending stream of carp averaging 10lb to fill 20 keepnets come the final whistle, comfortably clear of Alex Burton in second place, who landed an almighty 606lb of fish himself.

More here:

62tucker

Site Supporter
Fished peg 1 many a time about 10 years ago. Big bream. Tench. Nice carp around 10lb
Now all small carp around 2/3 lb. can’t get through them or told to feed them off with fishery pellets 😳
All been born in the lake.
Owner and bailiff told me that.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Week later on the other lake the result more acceptable in
My eyes
John foster 128lb
8DC80CE0-2184-4DD5-A3EF-E6EA5CE23432.png

NickNewman

Pathetic really that. Since warped idea of a fishery. I think fishing becomes something else when the 'natural' part of the sport is removed... Like trawling with a net and boat... Fishing or harvesting?

That should simply not be allowed. For animal rights sake there should be a square litres amount of water per carp and it should differentiate per size of fish limiting the stocks dramatically

smiffy

Site Supporter
I don’t know of anywhere else in the country that has managed to get so heavily stocked naturally. Even down here in the warmer south they need a hand to maintain their numbers.
The place is a one off and I still have my doubts.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I don’t know of anywhere else in the country that has managed to get so heavily stocked naturally. Even down here in the warmer south they need a hand to maintain their numbers.
The place is a one off and I still have my doubts.
Think you maybe on to something there. 😉.