8 Feeder rods

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
TBH Mrs Whizz generally trusts me with my purchases and since I spend more than her most of the time I’m not really complaining. Neither of us have that much to spare but we have just booked another fortnight at Anglers Paradise. That will need paying in full before I can make any significant purchases.

Whitty

Carp anglers have less rods and they use them all at the same time,imho perhaps having 4 or 5 different length,power option feeder rods would be more than enough,me,I have 2,float rods,I have 6,maybe 7,barbel rods,6,but I only fish with one rod,but I have sold more rods than Fosters of Birmingham,in my search for nirvana,lol...

BarryS

Gone fishing
I’ve got 17 feeder rods.
3 x 8ft, 2 x 9ft, 2 x 10ft, 6 x 11ft, 4 x 12ft.
then again I’ve got 15 float rods
2 x 10ft, 4 x 11ft, 3 x 12ft, 6 x 13ft.
And I thought I was bad...............I thought I was a proper tackle tart.....I'm not even in the running :)

Browner

Site Supporter
And I thought I was bad...............I thought I was a proper tackle tart.....I'm not even in the running :)
I’ve done a bit of selling and I’m now down to 10 feeder rods and 13 float rods. (y)

Browner

Site Supporter
Really cut down then...
The trouble is I nearly always buy rods in pairs, so I actually only have about 5 different float rods and five different feeder rods. It just that I have double or trebles of most of them.
I think I may need therapy.

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Between @Mrs Munch and I we have 5 feeder rods, My triplet of Tricast excellence in 11 , 10 and 9. Mrs has a Guru N Guage in 10 and a Frenzee in 9.
All mine are matched with an appropriate Preston Centris NT reel whilst her ladyship has Diawa TDR.
This, to many will seem paltry, just a handful to play with. The worrying part is, we have only been fishing for just over a year! :eek:
Ask the same question next year, on second thoughts....Don't!! Neither my wallet or heart can take much more :ROFLMAO:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
2 carbon feeder rods... 1 carbon waggler, a 14.5mt carbon pole... and 2 Carbon carp rods

Whisker

Site Supporter
2 x 11’ Maver Abyss
1 x 10’ wand
1 x 9’ Frenzee

Does me, although a 12’ would come in handy for the occasional longer chuck.

rudd

Site Supporter
Can I ask how does a rod qualify as a feeder rod?
Does it have to have feeder in the graphics/description or does rod just need a quiver tip?
Do method feeder, bomb or avon/specimen rods count as they have quiver tips?

This is a very serious issue causing me great anxiety as I dont know whether I only own two dedicated feeder rods or ten could be feeder rods and if its even legal to use a feeder on other rods or a bomb on a feeder rod! 😯😉😇

Total

Site Supporter
Can I ask how does a rod qualify as a feeder rod?
Does it have to have feeder in the graphics/description or does rod just need a quiver tip?
Do method feeder, bomb or avon/specimen rods count as they have quiver tips?

This is a very serious issue causing me great anxiety as I dont know whether I only own two dedicated feeder rods or ten could be feeder rods and if its even legal to use a feeder on other rods or a bomb on a feeder rod! 😯😉😇
^^:oops:.....Take up golf.....(y);)

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
and I thought you was Arry Cane 😂
Oh... all but the carp rods are in the loft... the cane is mainly all I use these days... I keep thw carp rods down because I sometime go to a water where the carp would damage my cane... I can cope with breaking a carbon rod... but never one of my Sharpe's

In all honesty I thought about flogging all the carbon gear but there may come a time when I just can't spend a day trotting with cane when I get to UKZero's age..
Me box is gonna have to go though, just no good to me no, back's shot

davej1981

1 feeder rod and i cant see that changing anytime soon. Despite my local apparently responds well to the method i cant seem to catch well on it so it rarely comes out now! I can bag up on the pole but struggle on the feeder