8 Feeder rods

stikflote

Site Supporter
I have two Tricast feeder rods a power feeder and a power wand ,
I have two Daiwa feeder rods Ninjas an NJF10Q and a TDF10

one Sonic 10 ft feeder rod a Shakespeare Mustang bomb rod,.

And a Preston Parobolic feeder system which makes up three rods.

Question I'm now asking myself is why do I need so man y feeder rods

when I could possibly just need the Preston rods to do it all.

When I go fishing theses day I just grab nearest ,I've never sat fishing thinking I should have bought a different rod ,
so Why did I buy so many to do same job.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It helps with me because I like to go fishing with my dad. I buy most of the tackle and he pays for day tickets and sometimes the bait. That's why when I buy packs of hooks for example, I'll buy two packs, so one can go in his box and one in mine.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
So do you buy two rods then,. one for you and one for Dad ??
No. I only have 6 feeder rods and they all do different jobs. Wish I could afford to buy 2 of each just in case I want to fish a match lol.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Erm I've got 12 feeder rods at the last count plus one more 7ft carp tickler which arrived today. A couple of these are going to a charity for disabled kids, but all the others I user depending on the venue apart from 2 one a Shimano power loop light feeder which was our Dave's and my old Tricast 12ft rod neither of which I will part with. The remainder break down into two basic categories silverfish and distance/carp feeders which are for the appropriate venues being either big/ natural waters, or commercials. The makes I use regularly? 2x Browning Sphere, 2 x Browning Xitan Black Viper IIIs, 1x Shimano Speedmaster, 1 x Daiwa Cast'izm, 1x Browning CK, 1x Preston Distance Master, 1x Preston Supera SL. The two feeder rods destined for the charity are a Drennan Red Range Mini Carp feeder, and a Shimano Forcemaster AX. As I'm retired now, and have been for years, I'm now well into self indulgence hence all the extra rods. Before I stopped work in 2003 I had just the two feeder rods - Got more time - more venues and thus more rods

Browner

Site Supporter
I’ve got 17 feeder rods.
3 x 8ft, 2 x 9ft, 2 x 10ft, 6 x 11ft, 4 x 12ft.
then again I’ve got 15 float rods
2 x 10ft, 4 x 11ft, 3 x 12ft, 6 x 13ft.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Still got 2 x 8ft Shakespeare feeder rods. Not used for a while. But we’re class when I used to share a peg with my son. And they could handle hard fighting carp up to 10lb.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Only have two - set them up with method on one and bomb on the other rather than having to swap end tackle & at the moment they seem to be enough.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I have two Tricast feeder rods a power feeder and a power wand ,
I have two Daiwa feeder rods Ninjas an NJF10Q and a TDF10

one Sonic 10 ft feeder rod a Shakespeare Mustang bomb rod,.

And a Preston Parobolic feeder system which makes up three rods.

Question I'm now asking myself is why do I need so man y feeder rods

when I could possibly just need the Preston rods to do it all.

When I go fishing theses day I just grab nearest ,I've never sat fishing thinking I should have bought a different rod ,
so Why did I buy so many to do same job.
I always take two tip rods with me, both already made up, one on the method and the other on the open end cage feeder which I can quick change to bomb. You just never know when it comes in handy.

MrBen

Site Supporter
I’ve got everything from 7’ to a 13’ distance feeder rod. I’ll often fish multiple feeder rods either clipped up at the same distance with a cage on one and method on the other or clipped at multiple distances and quite often a bit of both.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
No. I only have 6 feeder rods and they all do different jobs. Wish I could afford to buy 2 of each just in case I want to fish a match lol.
6 feeder rods!!!!!!!! How much pocket money do you get?😱😱😱😛😛😛

Paul.P

It helps with me because I like to go fishing with my dad. I buy most of the tackle and he pays for day tickets and sometimes the bait. That's why when I buy packs of hooks for example, I'll buy two packs, so one can go in his box and one in mine.
Can you have a word with my son please !

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
With these new feeder systems, like the preston ICS, it does mean you don't really need to carry so many rods as its so quick & simple to chop & change between methods.
Only if they are not banned like they are on our waters.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Got 4 feeder rods (well 2 are Avon quivers) and tbh I only use 2 of them with any regularity. Got 4 float rods as well which all get more use than any of the feeer rods. Plan to add 1 more feeder rod (well another Avon quiver) and 1 more float rod but that’ll likely do me til something breaks or a new improved option comes out.