7lb Chub

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I think it's very well done to go and target big Chub and have this success.

From watching his videos on this he's spent a lot of time locating the fish and making cheese paste to catch them. My own PB is 5lb from the Worcs Stour and although there's a chance of bigger fish showing I don't think I could specifically target them. I think I stand more chance of topping 5lb fishing bread on the Severn next season.

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
Had one around that size out of the Ribble whilst spinning for Salmon a number of years back, (PAAAS stretch at Ribchester). Boy was that some fight, and I was on strong gear obviously! Took a bronze Toby.

Team KDB

Fishing Newark weir on the field side and had one out at 5lb and a lots of 4lb to 5lb ,we called them dog chub but this was early to mid 90s and we thought those were big,but 7lb must huge.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Saw in the mail last week a bloke had an 8lb 6oz out on the float just before the season ended which is the biggest known to ever come out on the float. Pretty much the most impressive single capture in coarse fishing that I reckon other than maybe the old roach record which I believe came on the float.

My chub PB is if I recall about 5lb 4oz so fairly modest really but it's my favourite ever personal coarse fish capture simply because to me it was a huge fish to get on a float out of a river. Only slight downside was that I was using a fairly powerful rod so it didn't fight that much although would have been a lot more nervy on a nicer rod 😅

SeanB

Site Supporter
Nothing modest about a 5lb plus chub, that's the fish of a lifetime for many.

squimp

Site Supporter
Cracking pair of fish. Well done Joe C.

A 7+ chub is very high on my wanted list. Lockdown meant I couldn’t try for one this last couple of months.

tincatim

Site Supporter
That is (to quote Matt Hayes) a stonking chub! I’ve watched a few of Joe’s videos during lockdown and he’s certainly put the time in to get the most of his small local river. His cheese paste recipe looked more complicated to make than one of my banging curries!

I’d love a chub that big. My PB is 5lb which was caught fishing for barbel on the Dearne. I reckon there must be bigger chub lurking in the river, what with all the pellets, meat and boilies that go in.