500 - 600 Poles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibber

Hi all,

I've just decided to register after reading some very interesting posts, and I require some guidance if possible.
I am buying a new pole after 1 year of pole fishing with a Milo Full Force 13m pole. The pole will be in the 500 - 600 bracket. I have seen many poles in this price range but as I am from South Wales there are no stockists of poles of this price anywhere! so therefore I cannot test the poles before I buy. I have a shortlist of poles that I am interested in, and if anybody can point me in the right direction I would be very greatfull.

1. Triana Ganza 14.5
2. Tri Cast Potenza 14.5
3. Preston Diatex 6040 14.5

All these poles come with good spares and are described by the manufacturer as "stiff and balanced" and are all about the same weight. My quarry are mainly pastie carp to 5lb max. roach and bream.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nick,

Welcome to the magic world of Maggotdrowning.

I live in Swansea and I do know that Mainwarings of Sketty do have a couple of poles in that price range.

Where do you do most of your fishing?

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

Bagger

quote:Originally posted by Dibber

Hi all,

I've just decided to register after reading some very interesting posts, and I require some guidance if possible.
I am buying a new pole after 1 year of pole fishing with a Milo Full Force 13m pole. The pole will be in the 500 - 600 bracket. I have seen many poles in this price range but as I am from South Wales there are no stockists of poles of this price anywhere! so therefore I cannot test the poles before I buy. I have a shortlist of poles that I am interested in, and if anybody can point me in the right direction I would be very greatfull.

1. Triana Ganza 14.5
2. Tri Cast Potenza 14.5
3. Preston Diatex 6040 14.5

All these poles come with good spares and are described by the manufacturer as "stiff and balanced" and are all about the same weight. My quarry are mainly pastie carp to 5lb max. roach and bream.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Bagger

get a maver medusa, you can get em for as little as 535 now via mail order

fishing_mad

get a garbolino floater 20m it floats check it out on this website

www.bosfish.co.uk

:)Fishing Mad:)

Last edited:

Ian White

Big E
Dibber
I Would go to your local takle shop and tell them what you want and how much cash you have and then try as many poles in your price range That way you get what you want to also ask about spare top kits and sections .

jonesr

Hi.Dibber.
How much of a hurry are you in?
If you are not in a panic,wait until GO FISHING at the N.E.C. Treat yourself to a day out and have a look at "pole alley".Beside's the usual,there will be any new ones on show.They are made up and boxes to sit on to give you a better feel for it.
Take a pad and pen to note anything you like.Then you can look for the best deal and prices around. If you haven't been before there is a fair bit to look at as well.

rondo

Age isn't everything!
EXPERIENCE IS!

anyexcuse

Hi Dibber
Welcome to MDs. Only advice I'll give is not to buy a new pole just based on price and spares package alone.Think of the spares you may wish to buy in the future. Will you still be able to get them 2yrs down the line and how much do they cost? Breakages invariably occur and you dont want to be left with a top-kitless pole or one without a top 4 section.
Learnt this through bitter experince last year. Bought a 1400 Milo pole for 699. Great bit of kit though it is, I cant find anywhere where I can buy spare powertop 2 kits. I'm dreading what will happen if a top4 breaks. Guess I'll have to close the eyes and top up the credit card, waiting under the letter box once a month to catch the bill before the wife sees it!!
Plan your purchase wisely. Did find with my last pole-a lerc-that they had a good spares service.
Best of luck

Dave@Brynmill&DistictAC

EJAYAR

I've had the Preston Lerc 5033 for nearly 3 years now and although it is not the lightest or stiffest pole around I am not afraid to use it (some of the newer poles seem to be a bit fragile according to the posts on some NG's, even though supposedly being rated at 20 elastic?) I would certainly look at the Diatex or other Lerc range for this reason. Spares have also never been a problem.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Anyexcuse/Dave

Re the top kits for your Milo pole,Give KC Angling Ltd.
114 Carshalton Rd, Sutton, Surrey SM14RL. 020-8642 6222.
a try.
If it's Milo and they can't get it then you can allways use it to grow your runners next year.[:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Dibber

Cheers all for a great response,

I think the best choice for me is to wait until the Go Fishing NEC show. Never know may have saved a bit more money by then!
But on the whole thanks a lot for all the replies and it's nice to see a well run Forum.

Oh by the way Geoff P, most of my fishing is done on the Glamorgan Anglers circuit, never know might join the match team this year if I can find a decent pole! [:)]

Cheers

Dibber

Dibber

Anyexcuse/Dave

Try this link :-http://www.bosfish.co.uk/PRODUCTS/POLES/mo041.htm

Might just get your pole working again!

Dibber

anyexcuse

Cheers Dibber,
The universal kits arent as good as original top 3/2 kits from what I've been told. But then again I'm not ready to grow runner beans on the rest of my pole yet, so I'll keep them in mind.

Dave@Brynmill&DistictAC

Status
Not open for further replies.