5 (Lesser Known) Winter Fishing Tips

JLK

For a snake lake the margins and farbank all the way round that place are overgrown.
I don't get why owners don't tidy their venues up and keep everything nicely trimmed back and free if snags.
I fished it this year and it was awful.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
If you accurately plumb up and then put your hook on the end of your section and mark it on your pole this is the depth plus line stretch. 🤷‍♂️ Nothing changes. Unless you change rig and the line on your rig is a few inches out 🤷‍♂️ I’m fortunate to have my own rig table so all my rigs are exactly to length. Plus I’m retired so can be anal about these things. 🙄🤣🤣

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
If you accurately plumb up and then put your hook on the end of your section and mark it on your pole this is the depth plus line stretch. 🤷‍♂️ Nothing changes.
Hmmm..so we have a really heavy downpour and it puts extra water in the lake. Or, we have a few warm days and the water level drops due to condensation and the like. Or...there's a depression (maybe a rise) on the bottom of the lake that's 4 or 5 inch to the right (or left) that you didn't know about. Nothing changes?

Plumb, clip, every trip.

I need more coffee. :coffee:

Last edited:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Hmmm..so we have a really heavy downpour and it puts extra water in the lake. Or, we have a few warm days and the water level drops due to condensation and the like. Or...there's a depression (maybe a rise) on the bottom of the lake that's 4 or 5 inch to the right (or left) that you didn't know about. Nothing changes?

Plumb, clip, every trip.

I need more coffee. :coffee:
Peter mate. Your tablets are top left bathroom cabinet mate. 🙄🤣🤣. I don’t leave a rig on a winder thinking I’ll use it again without plumbing up. 🤔. Is that what you think I do ? 🤣🤣🤣. Get back on that church roof you. Christmas is coming up and you know what you’re like after a couple of sherbets. No doubt we’ll get your gert posting on here again apologising that you are p####d out of your tree. 🤣🤣🤣

Total

Site Supporter
Peter mate. Your tablets are top left bathroom cabinet mate. 🙄🤣🤣. I don’t leave a rig on a winder thinking I’ll use it again without plumbing up. 🤔. Is that what you think I do ? 🤣🤣🤣. Get back on that church roof you. Christmas is coming up and you know what you’re like after a couple of sherbets. No doubt we’ll get your gert posting on here again apologising that you are p####d out of your tree. 🤣🤣🤣
To be fair, the first couple of sentences could be read like that...;):p:ROFLMAO:......But knowing how particular you are, you'd make sure you'd cast the method feeder in to the far bank trees before you plumbed up...:love:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
It's not my fault if someone spikes my beer with alcohol. Sheesh. As for Christmas...bah humbug. :ass: :ROFLMAO:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
To be fair, the first couple of sentences could be read like that...;):p:ROFLMAO:......But knowing how particular you are, you'd make sure you'd cast the method feeder in to the far bank trees before you plumbed up...:love:
Nah, he plumbs up the method feeder first to check the depth of the grass on the far bank. :ROFLMAO:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
It's not my fault if someone spikes my beer with alcohol. Sheesh. As for Christmas...bah humbug. :ass: :ROFLMAO:
I weren’t gonna say but …. We preferred having your missus on the forum Pete. At the time I think you had your head on the lounge carpet and your arse on the settee at the time. Pi##ed up pensioner. 🤣🤣

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I weren’t gonna say but …. We preferred having your missus on the forum Pete. At the time I think you had your head on the lounge carpet and your arse on the settee at the time. Pi##ed up pensioner. 🤣🤣
Er..do you mind??? That's pi##ed up POOR OLD pensioner. :p :ROFLMAO:

And I..er..was looking for a hook that I dropped. :giggle:

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
OK. What about non-carp things in a lake 10' deep. Any winter tip for a non pole user?

ukzero1

Site Supporter
OK. What about non-carp things in a lake 10' deep. Any winter tip for a non pole user?
As a fellow non pole user, small feeder (or bomb) and tail end of worm. Chop the rest of the worm up and use as feed. Good for Bream, Perch, and other finsters.