5 blanks on the trot !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian C

I only recently started fishing again after 9 years off.
At first, things went well and I had 7 pike from my first two outings. This was followed by 1 to 3 per outing, giving me my best pike of 17 and a quarter pound since my return (previous best was 20lb 14 ounce) [:D]

Then the deluge came, followed by the cold snap and I have blanked on my last 5 outings! I haven't even managed to get a dropped run! My mate has had the same number of blanks, despite us trying different venues, methods and baits [:(!]

I have never gone this long without a run before and was wondering how the piking is going for the rest of you [?]

I hope you lot are having more luck than us [:D][:D][:D]

Ian C

norm

ian i am obviously a better angler than you as i have only blanked 3 times in a row (LOL)

it is hard at the min mate no dout about it

Ian C

quote:Originally posted by norm

ian i am obviously a better angler than you as i have only blanked 3 times in a row (LOL)

it is hard at the min mate no dout about it

Hi Norm

I was thinking it was a "new tackle jinx". Ever since I bought myself an XPodPlus, Shimano long casts and some bite alarms I haven't had a single beep

I hope your luck changes the next time you go

Ian C

norm

cheers mate same to you (it has to change some time)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ian,
You're obviously not trying [:D]
If you want to know about a sustained run of blanks in pursuit of Pike have a word with ESOX.
He's over it now,but at one stage last year had a record that may well never be beaten.[:D][;)]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Its true over 15 consecutive blanks then I lost count. I did eventually break it and witnessed to lol. But no pike since. The pike fishing is so bad at the moment around me, I am rarely bothering at the moment. prefering to hit the R. Penk when conditions are right for the chub.

chill out go fishing

mike s

It's rubbish up here on bassenthwaite as well!
Glad i'm not a "Pikey"[:D]

"Wot, no Fish!"

darryl

ian where do you fish ? tryed derwent behind the firework factory on sunday fishing for bits and had 3 pike chasing my catch and the gits had 2 good roach

splodger

I've been out three times in the last fortnight to my local fishery (which i know very well, i might add ) and guess what? yes, you've guessed it - three blanks.
So i said to my mates "sod it, i'm not going again until march".
The same night i put my name down for a match at the same venue this sunday! I am officially crazy.
SPLODGER

Ian C

quote:Originally posted by darryl

ian where do you fish ? tryed derwent behind the firework factory on sunday fishing for bits and had 3 pike chasing my catch and the gits had 2 good roach
Hi Darryl

I keep telling my mate we should be trying the rivers (Derwent, Trent and Dove), but I don't think he's too keen on roving the rivers [:(!]

So far, the blanks have been...

Cromwell Lake Nr Newark.
Melbourne pool.
Shardlow marina (was 5 ft higher than normal and coloured)
Cromwell Lake again.
Staunton Harold reservoir (wasn't expecting much here anyway).

Hi Esox.20 and Peter,

Wow, now thats one record I don't want to break!! LOL [:D]

Hi Splodger and Mike,

Sorry to hear its bad for you guys too [:(]

Hopefully this saturday (full moon I think), will be a little better. I'll be fishing a new water that hasn't been fished for several years. I don't know whats in it, but then, neither does the owner. [?]

Not nice to say, but I take some comfort in knowing its not just me that's struggling. Techniques that have regularly caught in the past just don't seem to be able to tempt a single run at the mo [?]
But hey, if I bagged up every time I went, I probably jack it in. It just makes those great days seem 10 times better eh [?]

Tight lines and screaming clutches to you all [:D]

Ian C

darryl

where abouts in derbyshire do you live the reason i`m asking is the complex at the mouth of the derwent,trent and canel has pride lake redhouse lake ully gulley all have pike or you could give attenbourgh gravel pitts ago at the rickty bridge but get there early if you want the best pegs

Ian C

quote:Originally posted by darryl

where abouts in derbyshire do you live the reason i`m asking is the complex at the mouth of the derwent,trent and canel has pride lake redhouse lake ully gulley all have pike or you could give attenbourgh gravel pitts a go

I live in Sinfin, Derby. I plan to get a Pride ticket for the start of next season, but as I only started back at the end of Sept, I didn't think it was worth buying at that time. My mate has the pride ticket already.

I would also like to get a ticket for Swarkestone gravel pit, as its only 5 mins from where I live. So, if anyone has contact details, let me know please [:)]
This is the water I would spend most time on if I managed to get a ticket [:D]

As for Attenborough gravel pits, I haven't heard of much coming from there, so was waiting a while before I went. I had heard it was a bit "peggy" too. I fished it years ago, but never caught anything above 10lbs.

I had thought about Marketon and Allestree parks too, but I suppose they will have been fished to death by now [?]

Do you, or anyone else, happen to know if we can still fish Kedleston Hall for pike [?]

Ian C

Moster

It's the same by me Leeds area, done a 7hr stint this morning the only thing I caught was a cold I've had 3 pike out in the last month (fishing 3 times a week) But I suppose it's better than been stuck in with the wife!

Matchlad

im a 15 year old lad i've been fishing avery weekend i have had to break ice the lot and i have still not blanked so im beater then all of you gents and ladies

rob tight lines if u catch your all summer fisher man

Ian C

quote:Originally posted by Matchlad

im a 15 year old lad i've been fishing avery weekend i have had to break ice the lot and i have still not blanked so im beater then all of you gents and ladies

Good for you matey [:)]
Do me a favour then please...catch summat for me this weekend to end my run of blanks [:D][;)]

I hope your wish to become a famous angler comes true Matchlad [:D][:D]

Ian C

darryl

ian i no john from exchange angling nottingham fishes swarkston gravel pits if you give him a ring he will be able to give you a price for the book and contact number.attenbourgh is Peggy the best places are near the bridges because of the gravel boats stirring up the bottom the shool fish stay there through the winter with the pike waiting to pounce,i don`t know about keddeston hall

Ian C

Hi guys,

Well, I went piking again today and guess what...?

Yep, you guessed it...I blanked again [V][V][V]
So did everyone else on the lake, yet again!
Tried lots of different baits and presentation methods, and lures were useless too.

Its starting to feel like this is my groundhog day.lol

Hopefully you chaps have news of great pike catches to keep my spirits up [?] [:D][:D][:D]

Ian C

crusty

winge, winge, winge, winge, winge.
you pikers don't half moan!

you should try floating a crust in this weather!

(TIP..warm the bread before you cast. it helps melt the ice)

crusty[:D]

norm

ian thet is now 6 times in a row

i am piking tomorrow i will let you know if i do a 4 in a row blank

AndyA

Well you lot are nowt but a set of blankers [:D]

I'm thinking of going piking on Tuesday (got a day off), but I've only been piking the once and did'nt get so much as a sniff.

My nearby venue is a decent sized pond, a friends son landed a 26lb'r 3 or 4 weeks ago using a shad? lure, but I really could do with some tips to get started .... should I be fishing the margins or open water ?, or would I be better trying the narrow channels ?

I have some mixed dead bait in the freezer too . . . should this be used with a leger or just on it's own [?]

cheers y'all

Aaaah .... soon be fishing !

www.aa-computerrescue.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.