4th jab.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The problem then is it becomes a gamble, with your health being the stake.

TiggerXFM

Me and the missus both had identical symptoms despite her having an extra jab. She usually gets illnesses much milder then me too, the extra jab did nothing to reduce the symptoms for her so as a result of this experience I have also lost confidence in these jabs.
I never had any confidence in them for the word go!

I am glad I followed my own gut instinct.

Oh, and before anyone spouts off that i'm an anti vaxer, don't, because I am not anti vax.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Ive had 3 jabs and tested posative for a 3rd time on Tuesday morning I have lost all faith in the vaccine

Me and the missus both had identical symptoms despite her having an extra jab. She usually gets illnesses much milder then me too, the extra jab did nothing to reduce the symptoms for her so as a result of this experience I have also lost confidence in these jabs.
To be fair ... if you’ve contracted COVID recently, then that would be the equivalent of having an additional inoculation anyway ... until and if any immunity wanes.

Robwooly

To be fair ... if you’ve contracted COVID recently, then that would be the equivalent of having an additional inoculation anyway ... until and if any immunity wanes.
It was a xmas and what a joy that was, everything was identical, we both got it off the same person, exactly the same time and same symptoms, the only differential was her extra jab, which on the face of it seemed to have no effect given my last jab was ages ago and the NHS were chasing me up for that booster whilst I had covid, she was recently jabbed with that booster which boosted nothing.

I was pro vaccine but now against it although I must admit it is a quandary for the elderly and vulnerable and can understand given my dad needs the jab and it's painful to be wondering if it is good for him at his age or not, I know government scientists say so but they gave the ok to give pregnant women Thalidomide in the 60's and told us cigarattes and asbestos were good etc etc, a rushed research and many different manufacturers doesn't look good in retrospect even if needs must at the time.

Throw in the many side affects, the suspicious amount of post covid deaths from people in their 50's, people collapsing at every football match etc and it does make you ask why many NHS frontline staff didn't want to get the vaccine and risked their jobs in the process. There was a recent study into these post covid deaths (which was pretty vague) which found no link to the vaccine but why was it done in the first place? What would more in depth studies reveal?

I can totally understand why the vulnerable feel they need the jab but for the younger and fitter I feel the cons out weigh the pros, at what age/vulnerability that becomes the other way round is a hard line to judge but I feel there is one.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Finally had my extra booster today, Moderna vaccine. Previously I had the Pfizer vaccine for the two main jabs and the booster with no side effects. Headache after having this booster but I know that will soon pass.

I have never had symptoms of Covid, taken numerous lateral flow tests which have all come back negative. Being over 70 with COPD I still do not go to places where there are hordes of people, except shops where I always wear a mask. Not been to a pub for well over a year.

I am going to Welford Road on 24th April to watch The England Womens Rugby team play Ireland and I will wear a mask while I am there just to be cautious. I will be taking lateral flow tests before I go and a couple of days after my return. We get the flow tests free of charge due my my wifes chronic asthma condition and my COPD.

Reuben

Site Supporter
If I’m offered it I’ll take it for sure. Off to Greece in June & they’re making life very difficult for the non vaccinated & people who can’t prove they’ve had a Covid booster. Rules will probably change before then, I know, but all recent rule changes in Greece have been for vaccinated people.
You pays your money & makes your choice…..

Griffo

Site Supporter
For all those who say the vaccine hasn't made a difference to you, can I ask how many of you had a dose of Covid before the vaccine came in?

Or rathe how may of you were hospitalized when you had covid after having a vaccination?

I got it before the vaccine was a thing and again after two jabs the second round was rubbish but nothing like the first dose.

TiggerXFM

My mrs does the shopping and always wears a propper mask. Only a couple of weeks ago she got a cold.
She has caught two colds whilst wearing a mask, a quite bad flu (test said not covid) and this last milder one. I had the nasty one last november time but haven't had this one.
What i'm getting at is, the mask obviously doesn't stop you from catching an airbourn virus.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Cold, Flu, Covid whatever are also spread by contact - they are not just airborne viruses
Hence the continual recommendation to sanitise and wash your hands.

The purpose of a mask is to reduce the potential ways of contamination.

It's not as if there has not been any information circulated on this.

TiggerXFM

Cold, Flu, Covid whatever are also spread by contact - they are not just airborne viruses
Hence the continual recommendation to sanitise and wash your hands.

The purpose of a mask is to reduce the potential ways of contamination.

It's not as if there has not been any information circulated on this.
Seriously Lee...do you think i'm a thick'o ?
Don't you think I know it can be spread by touch etc etc?

Yeah, I know the mask is supposed to reduce the chances of getting it, but in reality it seems to do ball all, although I still wear one 🙄.

If the mask does not stop you picking up a common cold then what chance has it got of stopping you catching a "so called" super spreader of a virus like covid?

Regarding the jab, I can understand people who have an underlying illness which put them at risk being feightened into have multiple jabs.
Personally, and from people I know and what i've seen the jab is quite useless. So many people I know who have had multiple jabs have still caught the bug.
Most of the people I know who have not been jabbed at all have either not had covid or if they have they haven't had too rough of a time.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
The point is you don't know how the cold was spread but have already decided it was airborne and through a failed mask.

The purpose of the mask is not all about you getting it but to reduce you spreading it as well.

As for the jabs they are not there to stop you from catching it but to lessen your chances of dying from it. That's how immunity inhancers work.

Even with all the information available you seem very obstinate in your attitude towards Covid and yet still wear a mask.
Why are you wearing a mask?

TiggerXFM

Why are you wearing a mask?
The reason my mrs and myself slanted towards her picking up the cold via airbourn transmittion is because she always santitses the trolly handle before using one, then she uses powerfull hand gel upon leaving the shop.
She used to wipe off all the items from the shops with high powerd wipes and stil does with a lot of items.

Apparently "they" have decided that it is pretty much non transmissible by that route now!

Maybe because i'm as daft as everyone else, or dafter than most of them since very few people wear a mask now.

You were one of the two who jumped on my case about the use of an unhooking mat also, you seem to know everything Lee?

Pompous git

Site Supporter
If you have the jabs you are less likely to become ill or be hospitalised.

It really is that simple.

Reuben

Site Supporter
For all those who say the vaccine hasn't made a difference to you, can I ask how many of you had a dose of Covid before the vaccine came in?

Or rathe how may of you were hospitalized when you had covid after having a vaccination?

I got it before the vaccine was a thing and again after two jabs the second round was rubbish but nothing like the first dose.
I got Covid before the vacs were rolled out I was in hospital for a week. Luckily I escaped long Covid & haven’t had Covid or it’s derivatives since then - as far as I know. Personally, I’m happy for people to make their own choices regarding vaccinations as long as their choices aren’t putting me or mine at risk. We want to get back to doing all we did regarding travelling & having been vaccinated makes it easier to do so.

HawkerMan

My wife has covid and has been in bed for the last 9 days, gets out of breath just going to the toilet.
She has had the 3 jabs, the problem is you don't know how bad it would be without the jabs.
She does feel slightly better but just can't get her breath, she is also still testing positive.
Luckily I've been ok so far.

JLK

I'm convinced I had covid in Dec2019. In fact I'd say the entire office had it with the continuous coughing and other symptoms experienced by everyone back then. This lasted a couple of months from the back end of Dec to the end of Feb. No jabs no boosters, two of us with health issues and the most serious strain allegedly doing the rounds and not one person off ill.
Roll forward to a fortnight ago. Four out of same six people in the office myself included, all fully vaccinated get the weakest strain of covid doing the rounds (allegedly). Exact same symptoms as before but three of us off sick this time. It put me on my arse for 8 days and Im still suffering fatigue and coughing now.
Make of that what you will. I know what I think about it.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Both the wife and I had a bad cough for about 3 weeks November/December 2019. We did not sleep well and our appetite was affected. We have been lucky in the fact we have not had Covid.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Just had to listen to an “acquaintance” of sorts giving one of my best mates grief for “allowing” his pregnant mrs to have jabs. Fair to say that didn’t go down to well so after a 10 hour drinking session so I thought it best to go home before I said anything I’d regret in the morning. I mean each to their in own terms of whether you get jabbed or not but don’t be a dick and tell a man his mrs is putting his unborn baby at risk without any evidence of such 😡