4m landing net handles

jasonb

Account Locked
Thanks Jasonb. Is there much difference in weight between the 2, and when would you use the longer one in preference to the 2 piece?

not that I can tell, the balance on the carp net pole felt better with the nets I use

sporty

Site Supporter
I recently switched to the 4m Acolyte as i am really finding it painful to net fish due to osteo arthritis in my hands and i have to say it has been well worth the cost to me

lucc

What I don't like in the Drennan, daiwa and other brands handles is that they never give you the weight of these handles. I consider it, as well as stiffness, a major point in the purchase decision. They should give it!

Sebbie

Site Supporter
What I don't like in the Drennan, daiwa and other brands handles is that they never give you the weight of these handles. I consider it, as well as stiffness, a major point in the purchase decision. They should give it!
Very true! I spent ages trying to find out before the original post.

mimississ

Site Supporter
Eyup lads I bought a Preston innovations 5m landing net pole for when I fish our local river as the rise and fall of tide is massive... Never looked back.... The difference between spending £100 plus and a cheap one is noticeable... Save up and get the best one u can afford..

lucc

Best in my mind, if you look at long handles is the rive r020, which I bought recently. very stiff and light (Rive gives the weight: 440g for 5m50), even if the truth is more around 460g on my scale.
If you take out 1 element, you have a 4m handle; as such, this handle will answer any situation.
Only drawback is the price...

Super Rocket

Site Supporter
Another vote for Tricast XRS, should last me a lifetime based upon the fish I catch.
Seriously very light and strong, threaded inserts secure and decent bag.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I use 'Hardcore' 4 metre Landing net handles, (sold in Holland I think), although I bought my 2 in Germany at an Angling show. Having used it at it's full length I would never go back to shorter length handles.