4 wheeled Trolley Help please

Griffo

Site Supporter
Good evening the knowledgeable collective,

having searched the vast resources on these hallowed pages I’m still in need of a bit of help please, mainly due to the fact not many barrows in stock anywhere. I’m after a trolly I can strip down to wheels on base only, I can see the map the Matrix and preston ones all have removable handles but the front end on the map and preston look quite tall, I have a pickup with hard top and I have a 900mm opening to slide the trolley in, the matrix looks it had the lowest front but non in stock anywhare , the only two I can find at the minute are the Preston and the Maver MVR, got a rive st8 box to fit on along with far
Too much gear, given a choice which would you go for?

thanks Griffo

alsur

Site Supporter
Good evening the knowledgeable collective,

having searched the vast resources on these hallowed pages I’m still in need of a bit of help please, mainly due to the fact not many barrows in stock anywhere. I’m after a trolly I can strip down to wheels on base only, I can see the map the Matrix and preston ones all have removable handles but the front end on the map and preston look quite tall, I have a pickup with hard top and I have a 900mm opening to slide the trolley in, the matrix looks it had the lowest front but non in stock anywhare , the only two I can find at the minute are the Preston and the Maver MVR, got a rive st8 box to fit on along with far
Too much gear, given a choice which would you go for?

thanks Griffo
The front of Preston comes off it packs pretty flat.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Rigger platform and wheels... legs stored in chassis, wheels and handles come off and everything goes nicely into the boot of yer car ( depending on which size you buy) not cheap though

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've a 4 wheel converted Preston trolley and a Rive ST8, and a pickup with a canopy :)

I take the handles off the trolley and put them on top of the trolley along with side tray and bits.
This goes down the right side of the tub.
Underneath it goes my roller bag slid between the wheels, and after it my bait bag.
To the left of it goes a 4 net stink bag, alongside the wheel arch.
And then my seat box which fits with room to spare.

Rods and pole holdall then go diagonally across the lot and anything else gets tossed in.

Griffo

Site Supporter
Sound thats what I wanted to know, should have just asked you direct 😂thanks

Griffo

Site Supporter
Thanks Mick

found the measurements after Dave posted, will fit a tray without breaking it down👍🏼

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
If you're putting it in complete, just make sure the handles clear the rear glass before you slam it shut :D
I wonder how many folk have done that ? I’ve seen a couple of truckman tops without glass. 🙄

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
So have I - but not mine touch wood :)

I once loaded a Berlingo van with a load of old radiators having put the back of the front passenger seat down to get the longest ones in. Stopped sharpish at a set of traffic lights and sent a radiator through the front screen :oops:

Also seen people load up with timbers and shove the back doors of vans to close them, only to find the thing stopping them from closing is timber resting against the screen on the dashboard. A hearty shove and the door closes but the screen pops.