4 Hours

stephenk

Site Supporter
A guy I know locally had a heart attack last week. Ambulance took 90 minutes to arrive…..even though he was less than 10 miles from a major hospital.

In the interim somebody had the bright idea of going into the nearby village and getting a defibrillator machine. Apparently that saved his life.

Quick thinking on somebody's part there - well done.

Would be good if they could put location of defib machines on google maps or something.

I have to admit I wouldn't know where the nearest one is...and should do.

RFB

It was on the news today that a Glasgow man died after having to wait 40 hours for an ambulance. Shocking.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
"It was on the news today that a Glasgow man died after having to wait 40 hours for an ambulance. Shocking."

You have to question what the family were doing about this
Did none of them drive or know people that do?
Did they not have the capability to be relentless on the phone?

The least they should have expected was a paramedic or doctor to attend and especially as we are talking nearly two days.

Tristar

Hope your Daughter is ok? I share the frustration, my partner has epilepsy, last January she collapsed in the kitchen, three gran mals over 5 minutes each, two hours in recovery position on the kitchen floor waiting for an ambulance. A month a go she had two more, serious ones that I won't go in to, this time the ambulance arrived quicker but were with her for 90 minutes before moving her, ten days in Hospital then out then back in again same day but had to wait over an hour again as the seizures were nasty. Waiting to hear the sound of the two tones in the distance is hard but I also feel for the crews that arrive. I respect them so much but I couldn't do their job.

best wishes and hope everything is ok.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I read a story today, someone in Kent trying to get his mom who'd had a stroke to the hospital, blocked by the eco warriors on the M25.