2oz tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
l presume you mean on the preston mini or have we got to guess :)

to be honest l have not used the 2oz tip on mine either, maybe if fishing a river with a bit of pull on then maybe l would use it but if l was on the river l doubt wether l would use this rod. but that scenario has not turned up yet.

mudhead

I have a shimano hyperloop with 2oz and 3oz tips. The 2oz gets used when fishing the method and the 3oz gets used in flood water.

bream fisherman

I use a 2oz tip on the river Yare for bream. its a strong flow so you need a big heavy feeder to hold bottom. plus the river puts a big bend in the end of your rod once settled. bites are easy to see as it either pulls round or drops back.

i've been using a 1.5oz tip on the trent but the flow was quite slow. i am sure that when the water rises i'll go onto the 2oz.

petert

Some people have the Preston mini on the brain. I think that he is asking about using the 2oz tip on any feeder rod, I use my TRG Compact 10ft feeder 2oz tip all the time for the Method but it has 3,4,5oz tip as well

nutmeg

Site Supporter
l said the preston mini simply because it comes with the two tips he mentions ie 3/4 oz and 2 oz. if you had one you like myself then you would have known thats why l said it ok petert mate :)
ps the 3/4oz tip is brilliant for fishing the method thats why l dont use the 2oz.
anyhow when maggot dangler replies then maybe he will enlighten us all :)

petert

nutmeg: it seems strange that there is no 1oz tip.I use a 3/40z tip in winter with my MAP ParabolicSTI with 15oz method feeder.

Last edited:

nutmeg

Site Supporter
strange but true :)

its also the tip that a certain mr Pickering uses :)

nutmeg

Site Supporter
come on maggot dangler spill the beans mate :)

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
Is the 2oz carbon or glass ?
2oz carbon is usualy very fine and looks thinner than a 1oz glass ( or it does on my old shimano's )

Genus9

Originally posted by petert

nutmeg: it seems strange that there is no 1oz tip.I use a 3/40z tip in winter with my MAP ParabolicSTI with 15oz method feeder.

Jeez Mate, That's some rod You've got that can chuck a 15oz feeder, 1oz below a pound, [;)]

I Myself thought instantly that He meant the Preston mini10' as it comes with the said tips,

My 2oz tip is still in the tube and I only ever use the 3/4oz tip.

mocnscott

finally a winner
I've got a feeling it will be a Garbolino rocket picker. I would use it for the method if there is a bit of chop in the water or a strong wind. Generally though a 1oz or 1 1/2 will do nicely.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.