2mm Pellets

Line Clip

The 2mm Feed Pellet must be the most popular pellet to be used by Match or Pleasure Angler on commercials
when fishing the Method or Hybrid Feeder
They are now becoming like ground-baits so many to choose from.
What Brand and flavor do you like best ?
Do you choose a pellet for the way it breaks down?
If you have to use fishery own 2mm do you change the colour or use a pellet soak flavor.
Does anyone use the fish-meal brown originals

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Often added a twist in the past. There was a dip from GB baits cold Frostbite that when added to the where for pellets was ace in winter. Sadly they are no longer about. Since then I have just fed them plain as that's how fisheries feed them in the stock ponds etc

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Sonubaits F1 2mm feed pellets for me as i love the smell and also i can use the Sonubaits 2mm pro expanders on the hook as they are virtually the same as the feed pellets, just a tad darker, Sonubaits pro expanders are the best i have used

Always add Swim Stim F1 Sweet normal/cold liquid to feed and expanders, smell amazing and convinced it helps and proven it a few times so 1000% confidence

as per Chris reply, summer is 4mm fishing for me mainly, 2mm in winter/spring

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
My go to pellets ( if I don’t have to use fishery pellets)are the So-Simple bait range , they come in kriller, bog green, chocolate orange,Red Devil, banana ,they’re pre prepared and ready to go as the name suggests RTG,s...if I have to use the fishery pellets I use the bait boosters added to them 7609B7EA-A60C-4B41-B98E-494A118F10AC.jpeg

chris1967

Site Supporter
I kinda only prefer micros for winter fishing ,in summer i find they get wafted up by feeding fish resulting in foul hookers

Zerkalo

It is fishery only pellet at too many places near me for me to have a favourite 2mm. The only pellets I tend to buy that aren't fishery pellets are 4mm Coppens and that does me for the one commercial I'm allowed to use my own pellets in summer, Bream in summer, and Barbel fishing.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i use a mix of 2 and 4 for method with as few 2mm as i can get away with

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
It is fishery only pellet at too many places near me for me to have a favourite 2mm. The only pellets I tend to buy that aren't fishery pellets are 4mm Coppens and that does me for the one commercial I'm allowed to use my own pellets in summer, Bream in summer, and Barbel fishing.
Try the ones from Bewdley Angling mate, the Ambush ones. They work on the river as I have said before but they don't 'arf pong.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
My go to pellets ( if I don’t have to use fishery pellets)are the So-Simple bait range , they come in kriller, bog green, chocolate orange,Red Devil, banana ,they’re pre prepared and ready to go as the name suggests RTG,s...if I have to use the fishery pellets I use the bait boosters added to them 7609B7EA-A60C-4B41-B98E-494A118F10AC.jpeg

I bought a box of various Bog stuff on the recommedation of a mate,

really good gear, the pellet, the groundbait and the syrups

I dont do a lot of feeder-method work but was well impressed by it, recommended

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I bought a box of various Bog stuff on the recommedation of a mate,

really good gear, the pellet, the groundbait and the syrups

I dont do a lot of feeder-method work but was well impressed by it, recommended
I love it mate , a nice uncomplicated range of lovely products , from a nicely run small business, brilliant customer service 👍👍👍

TimFB

Sonubaits F1 have done well for me at times as have Sticky Krill and Sticky Bloodworm. But my all-time favourite are good old fashioned halibut pellets which have caught me more fish than anything else. I am not that fussed about size anything between 2 and 4mm does it for me.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Sonubaits 2mm fin perfect stiki pellets on the method have been a revelation for me since starting back to the sport (thanks Des Shipp)

Have a bag of F1, purchased in error, but yet to try them.

Also have a couple of bags of unbranded generic 2mm that I thought I could use to bulk the more expensive ones out but they seem much darker and harder than the Sonubaits so not sure what I will do with those yet

dave55

Burt baits 2 4 6 8 mm various flavours all brilliant, and burt baits polony paste is superb

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Swimstim Amino or Betaine for branded or Gladwells Copdock Mill by the kilo, all soaked with Swimstim F1 sweet or Sonubaits Banoffee (if you can find any on the shelf).

CarpCatcher86

I use a mix of 2 4 and 6mm pellets regardless, occasionally 8mm too. I always use Dynamite Baits plain low oil carp pellets, occasionally mixed with a few F1 pellets of the same brand. Usually I use just the low oil carp pellets, if using a mixture then it's roughly 3-1 low oil to F1.
A bit of care needs to be taken when soaking 2mm pellets as it is easy to over soak them and turn them to mush. I personally soak all my different sized pellets separately to avoid over/under soaking.

Marker50

Site Supporter
By prepped do you mean like spotted fin.
Ready to go direct to feeder.
The spotted fin proper stick on.