2mm Carbon float

LukeB86

Hi all,

I'm starting to prep for this years fishing. Last year I used 1.5mm hollow bristles and found them hard to see on quite a few different occasions. So this year I wanted to get some 2mm hollow bristle, slim body carbon stem floats.

I currently use RW floats and they have been great, but he doesn't do a 2mm carbon float.

I've looked at a few places and I can't seem to find any or they are always sold out such as the Malman roob.

If any one has any recommendations to where I could get some floats like this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Luke

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Have you looked at the Drennan AS range ? They have excellent bristles. Another to try is SRG floats. Stuart makes some very good, hard wearing floats.

PAB

Site Supporter
I have melted the very tip to form a small blob in the past and re-painted it this helped me.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
As mentioned in an earlier post this website seems to have quite a few models with 2mm bristles, but most are fibreglass stems. An email to them might get you sorted. I have not used them but picked up the website from an earlier thread on here.

fishcatcher4

Hi all,

I'm starting to prep for this years fishing. Last year I used 1.5mm hollow bristles and found them hard to see on quite a few different occasions. So this year I wanted to get some 2mm hollow bristle, slim body carbon stem floats.

I currently use RW floats and they have been great, but he doesn't do a 2mm carbon float.

I've looked at a few places and I can't seem to find any or they are always sold out such as the Malman roob.

If any one has any recommendations to where I could get some floats like this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Luke

Wouldnt he make you the same type of float you are getting from him but with a 2mm tip.

It's just a thought as some of the float makers will do floats to order. (y)

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Have a go at making your own. If you look on the rizov website they do all the bits you need and possible cost £10 for about 40 floats

acart8426

Hi all,

Thanks

Luke
Simple Solution

Buy some 1.5 mm bore 2 mm same colour hollow bristles and glue over the top of the existing bristle

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
The carp pellet in this range feature a 2mm bristle, super strong floats, failing that I’d just keep trying until Roobs become available, no point buying cheap floats they break too easy 5567CE86-AD74-4349-9E71-C44413055972.jpeg

Last edited:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Thanks for the link @Dusty Rhodes. 10 of the X Slim (0.4) ordered. :upthumb:
Could be some more I'm interested in too.
??. I see this forum has the same effect on you also Peter ? This site has cost me a small fortune. I dare not click on Dusty's link. I was very tempted with the 14' Acolyte Ultra yesterday. ??

Total

Site Supporter
??. I see this forum has the same effect on you also Peter ? This site has cost me a small fortune. I dare not click on Dusty's link. I was very tempted with the 14' Acolyte Ultra yesterday. ??

There's a run on lead prices at the mo' Mick!;):ROFLMAO:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
There's a run on lead prices at the mo' Mick!;):ROFLMAO:
I'll take my mole off its leash if you carry on. Then you'll know about it. He'll chomp on your lobby. Although those quick change beads you recommended are spot on so, ill let you off. ???