2m for Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico

...for freshwater fish conservation, just read it on the teletext.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
When I saw the topic heading I thought somebody had bid for Wales. Then I thought nah - it ain't worth that much.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
2,000,000 now that could buy an awful lot of sheep!

Peter. thumbsup.gif

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

bart4real

Well I think they ought to take the money off the WFCA and give to someone who knows how to run a fishery in the first place. They have demonstraterd their lack of knowledge by the creation of that cess pit in Llanelli where nobody wants to visit. If they had spent the money on the construction of a fishery where poeple would travel to, it wouldn't have been wasted. Furthermore, because the officials of the WFCA have made it a business opportunity by registering the project as a public limited company, there is no way to get rid of them. It is not called the Welsh Federation of Corrupt Anglers for nothing. Luckily for us, Peterstone fishery provides all the fishing local anglers require and is attracting the majority of anglers who used to fish at Llanelli. The money would have been better spent had the WFCA not got their hands on it.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bart4real
Peterstone fishery. Never heard of it. Could you give me some information on it please.
I live in Swansea, so I hope it isn't too far away.

I'm driving enough to fish this year already.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

waxlion1

2,000,000 for Wales, dam expensive if you ask me

And i'm Welsh!

I had better find my waders and a pair of velcro gloves..they don't get away from that...

Waxlion1
hello.gif

bart4real

Geoff p
Peterstone is situated near St Brides and it can be reached quite easily. It is a little peggy this time of year but it has a massive head of fish, skimmers, roach, rudd bream and tench. It used to be trout fishery but has changed over to coarse. There are matches there every week throughout the summer and a few at this time of year too. the telephone number for the fishery is
01633 680905.
It is quite deep with plenty of shelves and bars but the true potential has not yet been realised as it has only been open a short while. They do breakfasts there too. I am not sure of the actual directions but they will put you right when you ring up.

Cheers mate

Giles

Status
Not open for further replies.