2k To Invest In Pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonLongPole

I am looking to invest 2k in a new pole,

I have seldomly used MAP poles the latest one been the adrenalin professional which has never let me down its an awesome bagging tool, and was worth 1k i paid for it a couple of years ago but i know there are other poles out there. I havent had the opportunity to look and will be checking these poles out over the coming weeks but though you guys could give me testimonials on poles in and around the price barrier.
By default i would obviously go for the parabolix sti but cant ignore maver preton and daiwa. What do you guys reckon?

hellsbells

If you have a max of 2000 I'd say have a look at the Browning Z9 - 1750, It comes with 8 top kits, 2 x dolly butts, cupping kit(no cups) ?? and a holdall. Its a very good pole, light, rigid and very well balanced. There are no spare no4's but they are available for 55- (z7 ones and short ones). So you could get the pole, a few extra no4's, all your elastics etc and still have enough change to treat the wife to a meal out.

shropshire_pole

The new poles by Tri cast are supposed to be very very good from the reviews I have seen, check out this months copy of pole fishing magazine they are reviewing the trilogy XS at 1999, loads of extra's with it and it's made in England to. We might not be any good at football but we can make bloody good poles.

PoDd

I personally rate the Sensas 774 and wouldn't swap mine. The Z9 and Gmax 1000 would be where I looked after that. But everyone likes different things about different top end poles, so you HAVE to try before buying. I would also consider the cost of spare top kits, replacement sections and support/back up. I think you will find the 774 has the cheapest tops and spares, a joker card to replace a broken section for any reason in the first 12 months and I've never had to wait more than a week for any spare sections I've bought. I've also never broken a section.

tworodsjackson

Browning Z9 for me as a satisfied user - don't go by magazine reviews, it's more than they dare do to print the truth.

sisco

This is the 64 thousand dollar question and a dilemna that I've been faced with myself.
In the past I've had mid range Daiwa's, Map's and Mavers spending up to 1500. Whilst they've all been good poles I was always left thinking I wish I'd just spent that bit more and bought a flagship model.
When I finally got the chance to buy one I eventually went for a Daiwa Tourney Pro, yes there are lighter and slightly stiffer poles around but I can honestly say there isn't a single pole fishing situation where I wouldn't feel comfortable using it. The fact that it's been around for years (albeit now revamped as the Pro X)says everything to me. There are loads on the bank, unlike other manufacturers who introduce a new flagship pole every year, top kits are cheap, and the second hand value is far better than any other make.

It is personal preference and I've heard loads of good things about the Z9 and others but will they still be saying the same 2 years down the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.