200 For Being Up The Duff.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butch

Account Locked
Labours latest brainstorm is to give pregnant women a 200 one off payment so, wait for it, they can eat healthy food.

Is this party so out of touch with reality that they think a 200 bung will convince Kebab gorging slappers to eat healthy food? I dont know for sure but I would say most of these 200 payments will be spent on fags, drink, pizzas, pot noodles and mini skirts, with very little being spent on healthy food.

Perhaps they should close a few of the slop producing fast food shops that are currently feeding the country. Every village has 4 or 5 of them so your typical up the duff woman simply sends for a Donner instead of missing Sally and making a healthy meal.

Now I could see the logic if they were to be given food vouchers redeemable on healthy food only.

You dont think that this is a sweetener to get people to vote Labour by any chance.

Read all about it here.

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
Perhaps first they should address the fact that healthy and organic food is more expensive? My Mum always buys the 'healthy' option, 200 quid might last 2 weeks but I doubt it?

midge99

Why would 200 make you change your eating habits, plonkers the lot of them

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Butch what would you say is your "typical" up the duff woman???

This seems a pretty one sided argument, what about those that work hard and get nothing in return.

Milk tokens for pregnant women round here, or at least when gemma was pregnant can be used for milk OR fruit and veg only. Look up healthy start.

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!
Would it make more sense to spend 200 on trying to promote safe sex?

Also, not ALL the women "up the duff" are young chavs. How about... 200 for a woman who is pregnant and is older that a certain age and is earning a living.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Why should pregnant women get 200 when they are 29 weeks pregnant.

Apparently a certain percentage of children are being born underweight because the women have bad diets, and are eating the wrong kind of food. If they want to know about healthy eating buy them a good cookery book, and teach them to cook.

Judging by the queues in the fish shops where I live it is time cookery was back on the agenda in schools.

john83

Account Locked
Originally posted by pelly

Would it make more sense to spend 200 on trying to promote safe sex?

Also, not ALL the women "up the duff" are young chavs. How about... 200 for a woman who is pregnant and is older that a certain age and is earning a living.

true, but it gives the chavs just another reason to breed future delinquents, young lasses will be opening their legs all over the country at the thought of 200 for nothing.

Hatman

Drawbag ace
Originally posted by Geoff P

Why should pregnant women get 200 when they are 29 weeks pregnant.

Past the date for an abortion, legal or the other sort that doesn't happen, does it?

tommy

dont let midge read this he will tub you and it could be twins[}:)][}:)][}:)]

mouse77

hang on here....

weren't all YOUR mothers pregnant once!

Not all mothers are how you lot are making them out.

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Thats fine but how much had you spent on cheap booze before you were drunk enough to eat 200 of doner kebab in one sitting

Junk food - keeping chavs and slappers hyperactive, over weight and spotty since 1995!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'd just like to know why we're paying someone to sit in an office all day long and dream up these whiz brain ideas
200 is nothing these days and I cannot see any expectant mother thinking "Oh yippee, now I can go buy healthy food"
More than likely it'll just get added into the household income to go towards the rest of the bills or maybe towards a pushchair or suchlike

The powers that be would be better off coming up with decent ideas that benefitted those that needed support or the populace in general rather than wasting money on what appears to be another 'vote enticer'

shootinfishin

Better than slappy
Yeah Lambrini must be getting muckle dear these days[:0]

Why should the taxpayer pay someone to sit on there fat @rse typing posts and em and all oh rubbish[:I]

maximus

Maybe the goverment should take a look helping fathers get through the latter stages of pregnancies.

What I mean is when my wife was having our second baby I was working night shifts for Kwiksave, she was rushed to hospital 5 weeks before the baby was due and remained there until the baby was born 3 weeks before the due date. Obviously I had to look after our first which was now 12 months old, because I was working I couldn't get any help from the DHSS and was told by them that if I was on benefits then they "Could" help me but because I was working then there was nothing that they could do. I was forced to claim statutory sick pay from Kwiksave which was 54 per week, 15 per week went on electric and it cost me 10 per journey to go and see my wife in hospital. She had been taken to Bristol as there were "NO" beds in hereford hospital which was much closer to our mid wales home.

She got moved from Bristol and was taken to Birmingham hospital, I went to see her and because everything had stopped I was told to go home, this happened at 12.00am and it was thundering outside, My mother-in-law was looking after our first so I couldn't get anybody to pick me up. I asked a nurse what I was supposed to do and she said that it was NHS policy not to let fathers stay in the hospital THEY WOULDN'T EVEN MAKE ME A CUPPA. The same circumstances were faced when we had our third child.
SO maybe the money would be better spent on helping fathers who go through what I had to go through.[:(!]

viking lord

totally agree with pelly,the cash should be spent on a safe sex campaign,but it is very similar to a scheme a few years ago,when mrs viking lord gave birth to daughter number two,she got a one of lump sum off the gov,every pregnant woman got it in our area dont know about other places wether working full time or not,there just rehashing old ideas,

shootinfishin

Better than slappy
Originally posted by the lake lady

can some one pay ME for being Preggy

Bring it on

please

please

[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0] Well Simon kept that quiet!![:0][:0][:0]

Columbo

Totally agree with Maximus!! Why don't the Government focus their efforts on the Fathers? Better paternity rights at work etc... instead of always focusing on the women.

Status
Not open for further replies.