20 pole elastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fingers

I am looking to obtain a pole elastic with a 20 rating that I can fish close to snags. Everything I have so far tried has too much stretch and I end up hooked in the snags. Maybe I am seeking the impossible but somebody out there may have the answer.

young un

Fingers have you tried the new Brown Daiwa Hydrolastic it has a 20+ rating

Steve Beavan

vespe power-bagger pro, 22+ or 25+

Drennan orange carp bungee 25+

of course, how far the elastic streach depends on how long a length of it you put in your pole.
Your unlikely to snap either of the above, hope you have a strong pole!

poleangler

Try vespe 22 the yellow solid one.It should cope with anything depending how you set it.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just trying out some yellow Vespe power-bagger pro 22+ which is a solid elastic, in my margin pole and initial impressions are quite favourable.
Certainly feel it's easier to control the fish than with red hydro.

me

vespe 25 tightened up as next to no stretch. i had 6 inches through 1 section and max stretch was about 11 inches and that was a taffy mder pulling on it [[;)] cheers Brian [:D]]

little_roach

Bazzer
Just out of interest when using elastics in the 20/20+ bracket, what would be considered the correct length to use? My Fox Sideliner margin pole top kit is about 1.8m, would this okay to use 20+ elastics on the basis the margin poles are built robustly to cope with this kind iof treatment?

ubat

little roach,
it all depends on the circumstances, it sounds good for a venue with some big double figure lumps that have room to swim about, a 20 elastic sounds & feels tough but it all changes when you hook a big lump.
I would just like to add, when using a heavy elastic use a thick gauge hook as I think it cuts down any "slippage"

Status
Not open for further replies.