2 piece rod or a 3 piece

Browner

I do wish tackle manufacturers would produce more 3 piece rods.
The trend is very much two piece due to easy set up with ready sleeves and match anglers that transport their kit in vans, but personally I like compact storage. Trying to get a good 3 piece 12ft match rod has been hard work but that has now been solved. As for a 3 piece 11ft match rod, it’s almost impossible. I have a Preston option which I guard with my life.
When PI launched their Monster Feeder range in 3 piece options I bought 6 rods straight away ( 3 weights/lengths x 2 each) plus spare tips, in case they made them obsolete. Which I think they may have.
Would 2 piece rods be easier and cheaper to produce? I’m not sure?

Last edited:

RMNDIL

I do wish tackle manufacturers would produce more 3 piece rods.
The trend is very much two piece due to easy set up with ready sleeves and match anglers that transport their kit in vans, but personally I like compact storage. Trying to get a good 3 piece 12ft match rod has been hard work but that has now been solved. As for a 3 piece 11ft match rod, it’s almost impossible. I have a Preston option which I guard with my life.
When PI launched their Monster Feeder range in 3 piece options I bought 6 rods straight away ( 3 weights/lengths x 2 each) plus spare tips, in case they made them obsolete. Which I think they may have.
Would 2 piece rods be easier and cheaper to produce? I’m not sure?
The problem is that you are not likely the mass market customer. I can bet anything that sales of 3pc 11ft rods would be far less than 2pc.

Yes, 2pc are easier & cheaper. 1/3 less labour for a start.