2 Milestones today.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Two milestones reached today along the long and winding road of life.

Firstly, 37 years ago today my good lady Maria said I do, making me a very happy man and continues to do so after all these years. :love:
A good friend remarked to Maria that she's a saint putting up with me for 37 years and that I should buy her the best pressie ever, to which she replied........
"He does he just doesn't know what and when" :ROFLMAO:

Secondly, after meeting a mad Yorkshireman nearly 20 years ago this is my 20,000th post on this forum. Hopefully a small percentage of those may have been of some small help to a few on here along the way while some may have entertained and raised a few laughs and smiles. Some will undoubtedly have ruffled a few feathers and upset some but unfortunately that goes with the territory when you're a Moderator on a busy forum like this.
Evidently Dave has me listed in the Maggotdrowning.com assets as "Fixtures & Fitting" :ROFLMAO: so it looks like I'm here for the foreseeable so onward to the next few thousand.:upthumb:

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Congratulations on both counts Peter. :band::bounce::jump::beer-toast1::upthumb:

Total

Site Supporter
@Peter.....First of all, many congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you and your good Lady....

Secondly, Always found you a true Gent on here and helpful when needed with good sound advice....A pleasure to know you Sir....;)(y)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Nice one @Peter on both counts, and as you quite rightly said...onwards and upwards. Now, to help you celebrate, you can help yourself to @Dave's secret stash of pork pies. :upthumb: :LOL:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Nice one Peter 👍 You do seem to be a very pleasant individual. Only showing me the big red ban button never pressing it. 😁. You got one thing right though .... moving to Barnsley. Can’t fault you on that one. Take care and both you and your lovely lady stay safe. 😘

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I feel I've spent more time with you than Maria has lol

37 years of married bliss and a 20 of that knowing me - what could be better in life :D

Remind me next time to go easy on you re the nuggets, I'll try not to take them off you too quickly ;)

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Happy Anniversary to both of you Peter. (y)

I still remember the first time we met- 7am ish stood in the middle lane of the A21 on our way to Elphicks for an MDs get together. Was it really 17 years ago?

Fayes Dad

Dave T
Site Supporter
Happy Anniversary to both of you.
You helped me a lot when we met at the Marsh Angler matches.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter

I still remember the first time we met- 7am ish stood in the middle lane of the A21 on our way to Elphicks for an MDs get together. Was it really 17 years ago?

Cheers Dave :upthumb:
Yes it really was that long ago, one of the more memorable ways I've met a fellow MD'er and that to me is the beauty of the forum, the friendships made alongside the days spent fishing with like minded individuals across a variety of venues, most of which would probably never have happened if I hadn't met Dave all those years ago. ;)

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter

That brings back some memories although I am trying to work out which is the middle lane of a dual carriageway with only two lanes each way. Nice of you to show off your 50 inches!!!!

It will be 19 years on December 2nd since I fell foul of red leader!!!!

Only showing me the big red ban button never pressing it. 😁.

Peter lets me have that pleasure as I am not a nice moderator!!!!!

Last edited:

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Two milestones reached today along the long and winding road of life.

Firstly, 37 years ago today my good lady Maria said I do, making me a very happy man and continues to do so after all these years. :love:
A good friend remarked to Maria that she's a saint putting up with me for 37 years and that I should buy her the best pressie ever, to which she replied........
"He does he just doesn't know what and when" :ROFLMAO:

Secondly, after meeting a mad Yorkshireman nearly 20 years ago this is my 20,000th post on this forum. Hopefully a small percentage of those may have been of some small help to a few on here along the way while some may have entertained and raised a few laughs and smiles. Some will undoubtedly have ruffled a few feathers and upset some but unfortunately that goes with the territory when you're a Moderator on a busy forum like this.
Evidently Dave has me listed in the Maggotdrowning.com assets as "Fixtures & Fitting" :ROFLMAO: so it looks like I'm here for the foreseeable so onward to the next few thousand.:upthumb:
Well done Peter on both counts 👏 and congratulations