1st bites

62tucker

Site Supporter
Got my 1st bites of the season
A few around any ankles just above sock level and a few on arms.
Am I late being up north or has anyone got any bites yet.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Check your dog for fleas
She gets the latest tick and flea treatments and just been groomed so it very short and white so if she has any we see then Straight away.
But remember when she was a pup in the pub in Bamburgh and I seen a flea on her. Straight back to caravan and got 7 off her. The pub was carpeted and all farmers and country dogs went in.
She had plenty fleas in her days as have my mates dogs.
The twist twissel flea remover tool is best I have used if they get attached
Sorry. Ment ticks getting attached

crackatoa

Site Supporter
She gets the latest tick and flea treatments and just been groomed so it very short and white so if she has any we see then Straight away.
But remember when she was a pup in the pub in Bamburgh and I seen a flea on her. Straight back to caravan and got 7 off her. The pub was carpeted and all farmers and country dogs went in.
She had plenty fleas in her days as have my mates dogs.
The twist twissel flea remover tool is best I have used if they get attached
Sorry. Ment ticks getting attached
Ticks and fleas were always a nightmare when I kept terriers. Treated them with Frontline but they still got the odd residents.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I got bitten whilst out walking on Friday, several bites in a line but nothing too bad.

I also suspect we might have the odd flea in the carpet as well.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I usually get a lot of them on the rivers and use Manuka Honey cream to treat them, works a treat.

tee.bee

Site Supporter
Im on marine drive in southport by the marshes and getting eaten alive today

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Midges active round the club waters, but no bites yet. The odd mozzie showing as well.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Something bit me on my left calf a couple weeks back when i was chucking a few lures about, felt like a nettle sting at the time so thought nothing of it, had swelled right up when i got home and was hot to the touch. Hot and sore for a good few days after.

Possible spider bite maybe?

This what it looks like after nearly 2 weeks
20210420_201322.jpg

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Something bit me on my left calf a couple weeks back when i was chucking a few lures about, felt like a nettle sting at the time so thought nothing of it, had swelled right up when i got home and was hot to the touch. Hot and sore for a good few days after.

Possible spider bite maybe?

This what it looks like after nearly 2 weeks
20210420_201322.jpg
Could be horse fly

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Not bitten yet but had a few bad reactions to horse fly bites over the years so really careful to use repellent now.

John Step

Site Supporter
There is one of my venues I will not go to from June to September. As soon as one gets out of the car the ba$$tards swarm on you. I think they are horse flies. They look like elongated house flies. They got to plague proportions when the canada geese multiplied. I wonder if they breed in the nests.