1st barbel and 2nd and almost 3rd! PHOTOS ADDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
One of my targets for this season was a barbel, and today was my first session for them. Fished the Trent down from Gunthorpe on good old Halibut pellet.

It was a long session, from 6am to 8pm, but had a small chub 1st (1 1/2 lb) then danced like a loon when Barbel No 1 arrived at 4lb 14oz! [:D] [8D]. Had to check the scales about 5 times as target 2 is a 5lb barbel.

Danced some more when I followed that with a 4 1/2lb. Then proceeded to have the hook pull out of barbel 3 at the net. Eh well, I shan't be greedy!! Off piking on Wednesday to start hitting that target!

Last edited:

newies_maggots

great feeling mate when you catch your 1st ever fish that you have been aiming for, for a while.

well done mate, i know exactly how you feel

luremad

Barbelus Maximus
congrats on the barbel was you fishing on the other side into the weir or further down as i fished there the other week and all i caught was nice roach, dace and perch no barbel turned up for me but i suppose it was due to me fishing on the gravel on the gunthorpe side.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was on the boatyard side. I think the fish have a sense of humour though. One of my season targets is a 5lb barbel, I had 4.14 yeasterday. Went piking in Lincolnshre today, and had 2. One at 5.5 and the other was 9.15 - If it had've eaten the bait rather than spat it out, would have been a double. Nevermind, was a lovely fish anyway!

martin.

Account Locked
can never forget my first river barbel
i had been to Trent on several occasions with a former member of MDs (Ziptrev R.I.P.)without even a decent barbel bite then on the Trent fishin that year after we all got back from Club i got 1 wieghing 7-04 at 0100hrs followed an hour later by 1 at 08-05.
later that day Archie Bradock came to give us all a talk & demonstration & even put a mention of my barbel on his site

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thought I would add the photos now!

Datafile11.asp

Barbel 1 - 4lb 14oz

Datafile11.asp

Barbel 2 - 4lb 8oz

Datafile11.asp

Pike from today - 9lb 15oz

Not a bad couple of days [:)] Happy Face [:)]

luremad

Barbelus Maximus
excellent photo's.
you should have got youre pike gear out at gunthorpe always a few pike to be had there maybe even the possability of a biggie.

The Saint

Paul
Well done Yucca,a good result for you there and that barbel looks bigger than 4 1/2 mate[:)]

Ivan heaphurst

Beautiful fish best mate but be careful or you will end up with Barbelitis, for which there is no known cure.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hmmm...looks like the Barbelitis has struck with a vengeance. Off again at the start of next week. Looks like a disease I'll have to live with!

Status
Not open for further replies.