1st anglers attacked now another dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All

I don't know how many of you are in this region (midlands) & may have seen last nights central news or tonights.

Last night the news reported on two fellas who were fishing in a Birmingham park, one was teaching his youngsters how to fish, they were attacked by a group of youths (20+ apparently) they were beaten with bats & one was stabbed all in front of the young ones, the father was beaten round the head & was a real mess.

Tonight there was a report of a young lad of 14 who died trying to retrieve his float from a pool in the worcs area.

Other anglers on the bank tried to save him but were to late, his body was found an hour later.icon_smile_sad.gif

I feel so sorry for his two friends who were there & had to watch this terrible event unfold.icon_smile_sad.gif

Both Dians & my own thoughts are with the families at this time.

Alan
Datafile.gif

Edited by - Trogg on 10 July 2002 01:22:11 AM

jonesr

Trog,
Have only just picked up on this , "down south". I thought it was a problem here but this seems much worse. It looks as though this mob were just out for trouble,and it could have been anybody that was beaten.Its a sorry state of affairs when the most peaceful hobby in what is probably the quietest places can lead to this sort of thing.
But it shows the character of these so-called "brave boys" when they gang up on people.I hope the people are O.K and these mindless idiots are caught.
I also picked up the other story also.
All kids should be taught to swim at school.Years (60) ago we were given lessons ,I dont know whether they still do!
Ron J

scouse

'River Man'
hi lads
thought you might like read this
more attacks,
Asian gang attacks anglers

A gang of Asians carrying knives, cricket bats and an axe, viciously attacked two anglers at a Birmingham Park Lake.

The incident, at Ward End Park Lake, left the two unnamed men needing hospital treatment.

The assault happened on Friday afternoon, and one of the anglers, a 34-year-old from Bromford, was struck on the head with the axe.

The second, a 28-year-old from Alum Rock, was treated for stab wounds to his arm, shoulders and chest. The police arrived only after the gang of 15-20 year olds had fled the scene. Both anglers were rushed to nearby Heartlands Hospital.

The police called it 'a brutal attack that could have resulted in a fatality' and are appealing for witnesses. Anyone with information should call them

dave
scouse

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave

Thats the same incidents.

I noticed they've put a piece in the AM about it.

Its a shame they didn't include a few pics of the guys who were attacked because like i said in my original post they looked a right mess, the one who was hit with the axe was more concerned what effect it had had on the kids than the damage he had sustained.

Something needs doing in this country (& the rest of the world) as it seems violence is on the increase even after all the banning of this, that & the other.

Alan

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I personally reckon that the value of life is being eroded but for what reason I don't know.

Okay we've always had the odd beating, mugging and shooting going back for donkeys years but they were rare occurences and when they did happen, it hit the news big time. Take a look at it now, the level of violence used in such attacks has increased and half of the times they get a little mention somewhere in the middle of the local papers.

Kids were accused of mimicking their TV heroes but what's the excuse now - video games ?
Adults? Rather than resort to arguments tend to go on an all out attack of brutal proportions,
And take the supermarket car park - If you're crossing the road whoa betide you if a shopper is driving in, they don't seem to want to stop. It's a case of move or be run down.

I said this to the missus in the local Tesco's and she disagreed with me so in the interest of science (please do not try this at home) I walked across the road as a car was turning into the car park. Twice the drivers did not slow down and if I hadn't moved I would have been hit.
Tried it again this time with a trolley in hand and guess what? - The cars slowed down to let me cross.
So I take it that they must think that hitting me wouldn't damage their cars but the trolley would. What value a life?

Dave

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Dave,
The simple answer is that there is no longer a deterrent as the law sides with the criminal and not the victim.

The Police couldnt even bother to look at my smashed open car on tuesday, although the masonry used to break in, (possibly bearing fingerprints) was still in the car!

They said they could get there if I was prepared to wait 5 or 6 hours, but the thieves had taken my Jacket with my medication in, so they told me to go home!

If I had discovered the thieves in action, hit one of them,then I am sure I would still be locked up!, probably without the medication!

I just hope they made enough profit on the theft and all the hassle they have caused me to buy enough stuff to overdose!

If we could just get a referendum on bringing back hanging, the birch and restoring the victim to being the concern, then I am sure the situation would be redressed.

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev

Sorry to hear what happened to your car (i hope they take a load of your medicines)

When you look at the amount of innocent people that have been imprisoned over the last few years i would have to disagree with the hanging idea, but the birch is a good one (maybe the stocks as well).

I wonder how many of these kids would still lead a life of crime if it was their parents who were prosecuted for the crimes as most the kids are to young to be taken to court??

Did any of you see that video on Ch5 news last night, the one of the kids as young as 6 making a 2ft high barricade on the railway.

The copper said the worst part was they went prepared with a shopping trolley full of stuff to make the barricade with.!!!

You're right in what you say though Trev, the law does side with the offender these days just take a look at the Tony Martin case he shot a burglar and ends up in prison, now the other burglar is using legal aid to sue him!!!

This country has gone mad & the goverment are just sitting back collecting money & doing nothing to protect the innocent or help the victims.

Alan

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
As I said Dave, Bring back Hanging.

The argument about innocent people SHOULD be applied to the Victims of known murderers who are released back into society.
The statistics a few years ago show that these nutters have killed 88 more innocent people since being released and I am sure it is over 100 now.

100 people killed pales into insignificance the very few who would have been hung erroneously.
Ask the parents of those that have died at the hands of a known released murderer.

Tough on those wrongly convicted, but a lesser evil than wiping out the majority of proven killers in the 1st place.

The majority should rule and there are many ,many more re-offenders than there ever were innocent convictions.

The trouble is the soft option is usually a plea from the people who expect to rely on leniency in the future.

Trev

Ziptrev

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi everyone,

A 91 year old neighbour of mine had a phone call several weeks ago from 'Council Employee?' who was phoning to inform her that because of her age, this that and the other, she was entitled to a survey in the interest of crime prevention and that if there was any security issues they would see to them straight away - for her safety of course.

Shortly afterwards she received a phone call from the 'Surveyor?' to inform her that he would be calling round with an associate within the next 30-60minutes and would that be convenient. Of course she said yes thinking it was the Council.

I was out in my garage and she came out to tell me to keep an eye out for them as she is hard of hearing to which I replied that it was highly unlikely that they were genuine. a phone call later to the Council and they assured us that they did not have any such teams working in the area and further more if they had they would not have contacted her because the house is privately owned.

Another phone call later to the Police and I relayed the tale to them, informed them of the estimated time that the 'Surveyor ' and pal were to arrive and requested that they send someone around.
I was asked to stay with her until they could arrange something but they were extremely busy at this time.

An hour later no sign of either and the phone rang - it was the Police to ask if the Surveyor et al had been. Had been? The answer was no but neither had they! I was then asked to phone them if anyone turned up.

15 minutes later a Vectra pulled up outside and two blokes got out, well suited and presentable. I assumed it must be the CID or such like so I went out and enquired as to their identities. They were from the Council. I asked for their ID's to be flicked a badge that was quickly returned to their pockets. I asked for a closer look and they responded by getting abusive before jumping back into the car and driving off.

Back on the phone I told the Police this and also described the Car, the men and gave the registration number. I was stunned to be told that "At least I was there and no harm done"!.
My response to that wasn't mild to say the least and they informed me that they would send someone around shortly.

A day's holiday later and at 7.00pm a Policeman contacted us to take a statement...... we still haven't heard a thing either way.

When the Police decide to get their acts together and prioritize their incidents correctly, when the Government get to grips with the real world on their doorsteps, when people get back to the ideologies of yesteryear and start respecting others and their possessions, then and only then we may see an about turn on the current trend.

It seems that nobody can or will do something and economics are a poor excuse, valid or not.

Rant over,

Dave

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Couldnt agree more and incidentally, You were a very brave man to have challenged the two of them!

Sadly, I have to say 'foolhardy' too! In view of the support you and your family would have got from the law if things had turned out badly!

My 90 year old ,blind ,father-in-law was the recent victim of two 'nurses' from purportedly Social Services, who called and whilst one kept him talking, the other stole over 100 from him!

Shooting would fit in with your econoimics theory!
Cheaper than hanging!

Trev
Can't keep this up! I'm gonna buy some bait icon_smile_big.gif

Ziptrev

scouse

'River Man'
hi dave
why dont you send a copy of your thread to
your MP and ask him why nothing was done,
Then send your letter to tony blair
i know it might fall on deaf ears