19mm off the box inserts

Colin G

Hi all
I wonder if you could help please.
My fishing box legs are 19 mm square, and all the new attachments are not compatible with the legs on my box.
The smallest inserts they come with are 25mm which are still too big, is the any inserts that I could purchase that would fit , or has anyone ever sleeved one.
Regards
Colin

OldTaff

Site Supporter
My box legs are 19mm too - loads and loads of inserts available on eBay which is where I got mine from,
think I paid a fiver for 8

Whisker

Here, there and everywhere.
Site Supporter
Hi all
I wonder if you could help please.
My fishing box legs are 19 mm square, and all the new attachments are not compatible with the legs on my box.
The smallest inserts they come with are 25mm which are still too big, is the any inserts that I could purchase that would fit , or has anyone ever sleeved one.
Regards
Colin
I’ve got a few. If you can wait til 19th-20th Nov, I’ll be working in Wakefield.

Adders27

I had the same issue .. found done at Fishermen’s Friend shop online .. he still has a few 19mm square
They fit inside the new larger inserts a treat and work well

derwentboy

Site Supporter
I have 2 boxes with 19mm legs and generally find the Preston ones will fit with a reddish/purple insert. But as well as that even the circular inserts they come with with ca be clamped down tight enough. Finding 19mm attachments isn't that easy these days it seems. I've filed out an old octoplus 16mm circular attachment to make a 19mm square (easy enough with aluminium as it is pretty workable). Have just bought a load of box section aluminium, handwheels, pop rivets and rivnuts to make my own sidetray and other attachments. So long as I take my time and not waste materials it should turn out ok I hope. You can easily get the stuff to make your own (box section/angle and channel) from the likes of Band Q and most parts can be found on the net. If you want any more help/ have no joy give us a shout.

Adders27

The new Preston Offbox stuff will fit 19mm sq legs using two inserts
They come with three inserts when you buy bits but add the original 19mm fitting and it works perfectly.
Recently got the Preston side tray and Feeder arm for my sons old Preston Seatbox Onbox X I think it was known as back in the day

ae111sr

Site Supporter
The new Preston Offbox stuff will fit 19mm sq legs using two inserts
They come with three inserts when you buy bits but add the original 19mm fitting and it works perfectly.
Recently got the Preston side tray and Feeder arm for my sons old Preston Seatbox Onbox X I think it was known as back in the day
I've done this to use new Offbox stuff on my original Octoplus hexagonal legs - works for me.

Nipps

Most, if not all, Korum attachments come with 19mm square inserts. Might be worth contacting them as I’m sure they would supply as a spare part.