1966 World Cup

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Ive just watches highlights of this on BBC,brought back memories,I watched it in Arenal,Majorca when I was on honeymoon with my first wife,the hotel manager was German and was bigging it up when they went in front but we didn't see him for three days after the end of the game.All in all a decent fortnight !

davylad

Site Supporter
I know all that but, can you honestly say it did? The result says it did mind, but I'm glad it wasn't a german goal, as there would have been an outcry.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Didn't they analyse it scientifically once, came out as a goal i think. Rather Lampards have stood and a point where it could have changed the game though. Come to think of it, given our 'luck' we have had since, if Hursts wasn't in we have spent a long time paying for it.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was serving in the Army in Hubbelrath, near Dusseldorf in 1966. World Cup Final day we had returned from exercise in the morning and it was a rush to get all the gear, vehicles and ourselves clean before the match began. We had a great night out in Dusseldorf after the match.