18 years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
What were ya doing this day when the Twin Towers were Dropped ?

Me and my workmate at the time had sacked a job off and were going to play golf, I was watching it on telly waiting for him to pick me up and couldn’t believe what was happening.

Dusty

What were ya doing this day when the Twin Towers were Dropped ?

Me and my workmate at the time had sacked a job off and were going to play golf, I was watching it on telly waiting for him to pick me up and couldn’t believe what was happening.

I was in primary school, 9 years old.
Didn’t know anything about it until I got home but remember knowing how big of a deal it was despite not fully understanding it.
Seems like only yesterday.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Sat with BSi auditors and the maintenance manager when he received a phone call from his sister in New York telling him the Twin Towers had been hit.
We all went to the internet and watched the rest unfold-it just didn't seem real.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
18 years ago ? Wow ! What have I been doing ?

If memory serves me right and I'm pretty sure it is. I was in a customers property and we had just put the electricity back on after carrying out some work. Actually it was the customer who shouted .... " Have a look at this sparkies " I remember staring at the television thinking ..... Is this real or some sort of Hollywood stunt. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Terrible. ?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
On the bus on the way home from Grammar School. I went to school the other side of Birmingham from my house.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
2001?..blimey, not got a clue where I was or what I was doing. I do remember though that I wasn't bothered over it. Their problem, not mine.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Bit like dusty I’d have been at school as was only 8 at the time. Remember watching it on the news when I got home though.

Arfer Mo

Site Supporter
I was in the office at work and another employee came in and said he'd just heard on the radio that a plane had crashed into the Twin Towers. We all thought that it was a small plane, it was only after the second one crashed we started to take it seriously.

bezzer

Sat with BSi auditors and the maintenance manager when he received a phone call from his sister in New York telling him the Twin Towers had been hit.
We all went to the internet and watched the rest unfold-it just didn't seem real.

I was in work when the first reports came in. Went down to the Restaurant and sat and watched the whole thing unfold.

RIP to all the poor souls who lost their lives that day.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I was fishing on the shores of Lough Barnagrow in Ireland.
There were some other lads down there too, one of whom had a radio on and I sort of half-heard something about a plane crash, then there was news regarding a second one.
I couldn't quite figure out if it was a news story or some sort of spoof so I dug my radio out of my box and tuned it into a news bulletin.
The news was very confused intially and it wasn't until we got back into town later that afternoon and started watching Sky News in the pub that we realised exactly what had occured.

Simon

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I was in work and it came on the radio. Couldn’t believe it. I watched the news all evening and all night ask just couldn’t understand why someone would do that. I still can’t

johng19

me@home.com
I was in work the boss came around and told every one. I must admit I was quite shocked.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I was fishing at whittle dene resivour just outside Newcastle my then wife called me and told me what had happened, I had one of those old small casio TV's in the car so me and a couple of other guys that were fishing near me watched it unfold on a 4 inch B&W tele

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was down at one of our dealerships in Guildford when I got a phone call from one of my angling mates who worked for Deutche Bank at the time. He was in New York on business and had been to a meeting at Windows on the World, the restaurant at the top of the North Tower the day before and was watching it unfold on the telly in his hotel.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I remember a Mate flew back from New York the same date the year after and said the Airport was empty.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Maria flew out to New York on BA 6 weeks later to visit friends in Brooklyn, 7 people on the flight!!! They all got upgrade to 1st class, 19 on the flight back a week later.

Guy Incognito

Midport Angling Club
I was fishing! I had been off work for about 6 weeks with a bad back but decided to have a cheeky session the week before I went back to work.

My sister called me to tell me what was happening, I rushed home to watch it all unfold on TV. I remember thinking how surreal the whole thing was.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.