16m pole

Drmiggy

Hi Guys, I have about £2,000 to spend on a 16m pole. Generally fishing commercials and natural lakes, occasionally rivers. What do you think?

dombrennan95

I’ve just bought the Daiwa g90 I cant complain one bit about it, what ever you go for I would wait for Black Friday as AD will probably have 10% off everything

frankg

Site Supporter
Have a look at the Cadence CP2000....you can tailor your package to exactly what you need to suit your fishing and get 10% off at one of the Cadence roadshows.
Also, do you really need a 16m? How often would you use it at 16m....14.5m is plenty...IMHO :)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
You can get a maver signature pro 900 from AD for £2,000 one of the best poles about at the moment

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
You can have my middyxz65-2 for £800, it's like new, still available in shops at £1900

Pclaret

If I was buying new, with that money, I would be getting an mtx3, if you use a short 3 when fishing long you won’t tell it apart from any flagship pole. And have a holiday with the change

spark1

If I was buying new, with that money, I would be getting an mtx3, if you use a short 3 when fishing long you won’t tell it apart from any flagship pole. And have a holiday with the change
You won't be fishing long if you use a short 3 so pointless really.

spark1

£1400 for a Signature Pro 800 you won't go wrong at that price with probably the lightest top kits on the market which are also very strong and a pole you can fish all day at 16m comfortable.

JLK

Correct me if im wrong but the Signature pro 800/900 will be discontinued soon - if not already, to be replaced with the 821/921 which is on a different mandrel from the 6 back to butt. So spares may be hard to come by for the pro 800/pro 900 if he goes down that route.

spark1

Spares will be available for years to come why wouldn't they ?
How long do you want to look into the future, better not buy xyz just in case its discontinued etc
Technology moves on so why would you want to keep the same pole for donkeys years ? You don't keep the same smart phone for ever.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Buy a secondhand Tournament Pro x or maybe a G90 or Whisker new, spares will be available for many years unlike some other brands.
I see people are looking for sections for poles now that we're only released a few years ago, I can fit sections that are 10 years old on my Daiwa.

Drmiggy

Thanks Spark1, I have gone on and read up about the Signature Pro 800, looks like it’s a definite possibility. Any other views on this or other ones at my price level?

JLK

I said spares may be hard to come by. Not that there wouldn't be any. And I think its also fair to say, if you are going to recommend a pole or item of tackle that will soon to be discontinued, then say so.

Anyway. I'd recommend the preston XS70. As a great all rounder for less than 2k.

Spares current. Poles current. Spares available from three different models past and present, if need be that all interchange. And reasonable price for spares too.

Last edited:

spark1

Plenty of Maver signature poles in circulation and the definition is built on the same mantrel and still on production so if the mantrel is still in the factory so will spares.

Why don’t both of you become site supporters and help fund the site as well giving your options

tedstriker

Site Supporter
Why not when mobile phones can cost £1,200 the same as a pole and be obsolete in 5 years for example
as i said, electronic components always have a shelf life, an inanimate carbon pole doesn't, you are trying to compare things that really cannot be compared.

JLK

I have in the past helped support the site financially. I support the site now by posting occasional help and advice. However which way you look at it. Its support all the same.