14ft Commercial Waggler Rod

DAF 3600

Hi, Looking for a 14ft waggler rod for a commercial I fish. The lake at the deepest part is 10ft so am struggling with a 12ft, I know I can fish a slider but would prefer not to. Looking to fish 6 or 8lb line so needs to have a bit of backbone and handle fish up to 12lb. Maximum budget is £100, new or s/hand. Thanks.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Korum glide is just about the only rod I can think of that fits that brief and price. @HALTON DANGLER is the man to speak to about that.

Most cheaper rods top out at 13ft especially those on the power side of things then the longer rods tend to be more expensive and aimed at natural waters so not as powerful.

DAF 3600

Thanks for the reply, think the korum is more a barbel/river rod, but will have a waggle of one after the lockdown.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Designed for chub and barbel but would do the job for carp fine. Heavy float fishing doesn’t really require the intricacies of traditional float fishing IE not dealing with light lines, small hooks, small soft mouthed fish so as long as a rod can take the heavy line and the size of fish you’d be ok.

Racking my brains I’m really struggling to think of anything other than the glide that’s sub £100, 14ft long and can take 6lb-8lb line. Is quite a niche brief.

nejohn

Site Supporter
The Daiwa conniesour is good but probably just over your budget or you could try a Rive Elite, they are very good, I have one but not had the chance to try it in anger yet, future fishing currently have them on special in your budget. They are fairly light ( about 180grms) not in R waggler league but at less than £100 they are pretty good, fairly crisp action with a soft tip and feels like a bit of power lower down the blank

richox12

I'm surprised. 10ft of water minus the length of the waggler is going to be about 9ft (ish) of line. So that's 3ft less than the length of your 12t rod anyway. And, I assume, you won't always be fishing at full depth but most probably off bottom/up in the water in warmer months anyway.

12ft would seem OK to me.

HALTON DANGLER

i have used the korum glide for chub on the river so far at long and close quarters is the toughest test it has had so far in my trips. it would be wrong of me to comment any further if i haven't used it for the question you are asking, one thing i would say is i will be using it for margin carp and barbel this year so will comeback on and post once used it for anyone finding this post in future