13m pole recommendations please

RMNDIL

To be honest if it's 13m max you need then you won't need to spend anything like your budget to get a very good pole. Spend half, spend £1K and then get all the spares you'll ever need

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I can remember when calcotts was open and you had to go round the back into the car park to try a pole out.

One used to carry the box for you to sit on and you carried the pole.:)
Ernest Calcott. That’s some years ago pal. Brilliant little shop. Stuffed to the rafters with fishing tackle. He always knocked you a few pennies off didn’t he ? Me and my dad used to pick what we wanted from Bennett’s walk around the corner and buy it from Calcotts because he was cheaper. ??. The good old days. ?

fishcatcher4

Ernest Calcott. That’s some years ago pal. Brilliant little shop. Stuffed to the rafters with fishing tackle. He always knocked you a few pennies off didn’t he ? Me and my dad used to pick what we wanted from Bennett’s walk around the corner and buy it from Calcotts because he was cheaper. ??. The good old days. ?

Bang on Mick,(y)

I used to do same thing and like you said happy days.:)

The floods did for calcotts in the end.

baggy

Mark Saunders
Daiwa do a 13m version of the Tournament which comes with 5 top 4s or 5s.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Used to walk to bennets to watch the fishing videos near the fish tank bought most tackle and bait from calcutts then caught bus up to flask or underbank remember beebies on same road as well