13' Carp Rod Holdall + Rod & Reel for a child

barbelblanker

Hi all.
I've just acquired a set of 13' carp rods and my current at least 10 year old holdall will take 12' rods max. I'm looking for something that will take at least 3 made up rods with room for bank sticks, and possibly a day shelter/brolly. If I can squeeze my rod pod in too it would be great. Don't really want to break the bank as I have 3 kids and Christmas is looming, but it has to be something that will last. I don't really go for any brand, I usually look at how easily I could break it, and how its made. Obviously I cant wander round tackle shops at the moment so if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. I was hoping to get something locally second hand but everything is either 12ft or wont take a 50mm butt ring.

Also, my youngest is after a rod and reel for Christmas but is intent on having something "same length as your little rod Dad" - (my 7'6" LRF rod). It would be used mostly at my local club match lake catching carp from 2-10lb. I was thinking of a Nash Dwarf 8' rod. Being selfish I fancy one myself so if he goes off fishing I have a nice addition to my collection. But, I'm thinking it would be useless if we decide to go after silvers in the river or similar. I'm hoping to spend <£70 for rod and reel as I want to get him a tackle box and a few bits too.

Thanks in advance!

satinet

Site Supporter
Don't know about the carp stuff but I do enjoy my 8ft Middy White Knuckle CX feeder. Middy White Knuckle CX Feeder Rod good on small methods or bomb tactics

It's a very small and light blank. The line ratings are a bit silly it's very bendy Great fun. Can land a lump though.

Attachments

• IMG_20201018_163744.jpg
    IMG_20201018_163744.jpg
    692.1 KB · Views: 2

satinet

Site Supporter
Would those Nash rods be miles over gunned for small carp btw?

barbelblanker

Would those Nash rods be miles over gunned for small carp btw?
Thanks for the reply, I hadnt thought about a little feeder rod, guess in my head I was being ambitious trying to think along the lines of a jack of all trades rod. The Nash rods go down to a 1lb test at 6foot, they aren't all broom handles. What the 3.5lb 6' rod feels like I cant even imagine though.

satinet

Site Supporter
Thanks for the reply, I hadnt thought about a little feeder rod, guess in my head I was being ambitious trying to think along the lines of a jack of all trades rod. The Nash rods go down to a 1lb test at 6foot, they aren't all broom handles. What the 3.5lb 6' rod feels like I cant even imagine though.

Depends how you want to fish I guess. Still seems heavy to me though for a match pool and silvers.