12ft 2 piece softish distance feeder

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
So sold my 13ft SLR because not keen on 3 piece rods, and if I'm honest it was a bit stiff and brutish.

Excluding anything with Orange detailing (I'm looking at you, Guru Aventus) is there a decent 2 piece 12ft Distance feeder with a more progressive to through action, suitable for Barston/Boddington lumps? Preferably towards 90/100g casting weight for clipping on big bait-up feeders.

Needless to say, I'm looking for distance ringing with big guide tips.

I don't ask a lot ?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yes possibly a slight contradiction in terms there. You either get your softish distance bream rod or the boom stick carp versions and they tend to be 13ft. 12ft territory is more a just a slightly longer range than your standard 11ft rather than a distance rod.

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
I know its a bit of a contradiction but an SLR a bit too stiff for my liking, if they made a Cast'izm in 2 piece it would be ideal.

I'm only a pleasure angler so don't need to be super accurate as an SLR.

Arch

Site Supporter
Free spirit Hi S Special power. They also do a 13' two piece, which is very nice, feels better in the hand than the three piece. A bugger to carry made up though.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Just came across this, it maybe of some use, l have the frenzee precision 11ft light and 12ft medium feeder rods, and cannot fault them.

Frenzee Precision FXT 12ft power + Feeder Rod

The blurb

An anti-lock parabolic action makes playing fish a dream as all the lunges are absorbed by the super slim High Modulous blanks. A flawless curve leaves you safe in the knowledge that pressure distribution is even and with SiC guides throughout, line recovery is fabulous. Added extras in abundance, you simply must pick one up! No matter whether small shy biting skimmers or big angry carp, this range will excel where others fail!

The Power Plus is a rod build to suit the needs of anglers who want power and playing action combined. Designed for distance casting and playing big hard fighting fish.

The power plus cast straight and long thanks to increased handle length. The over-size guides, placed strategically to increase load and recovery offer little resistance to line as it passes through, again, enhancing distance. Supplied with a 2oz and 3oz tip. This rod is a specific rod designed to do a job. Finished with all the attributes of the FXT range, this is a perfect blend of power and subtleness.

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
Had a bit of an outlay on non-fishing stuff this week so couldn't quite stretch to Arch's recommendation of the Free Spirit Hi S.

Buying blind here (can't find one in stock local) but went for the MAP Parabolix 12ft SUV, doesn't look as soft as i'd quite like seeing it in video but i don't think the rod i want exists unless i settle for a 3 piece Cast'izm, they look proper soft but i can't abide 3 piece rods :(

I'll try it out next week at Barston, might sling an Ultegra on it, see how it handles that. Hopefully the place not be rammed if i go midweek.

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
Took delivery and got my hands on the Parabolix SUV today, oof this feels nice ??

Ended up not fishing today because of dad's poorly ticker so not be able to take this to Barston until Thursday I reckon.

Definitely a quality rod, but the eyes do look a bit small after being spoiled by the SLR ? The action is amazing though, just what I was after. Need to get it home now and see how it feels with a Cast'izm or Ultegra.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Took delivery and got my hands on the Parabolix SUV today, oof this feels nice ??

Ended up not fishing today because of dad's poorly ticker so not be able to take this to Barston until Thursday I reckon.

Definitely a quality rod, but the eyes do look a bit small after being spoiled by the SLR ? The action is amazing though, just what I was after. Need to get it home now and see how it feels with a Cast'izm or Ultegra.
If you need a a pair, I’ve got one for sale???