12 Ft Pellet Waggler rod

OxonPhil

Hello to all,

I’m in the market for the above rod, no limit on budget. I currently use an 11 ft Aventus on my club’s lakes but would like to add a 12 footer as I visit Boddington and Clattercote regularly and require a longer rod for these vast venues and carp up to 20lbs. I’d be happy with a 12 ft Aventus but in the interests of variety, what would you sagacious folk consider as an appropriate alternative? Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers, Phil.

Greeny1178

Site Supporter
If no budget , have a look at freespirt rods . My dad doesn’t use anything else anymore he loves them .

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Hello to all,

I’m in the market for the above rod, no limit on budget. I currently use an 11 ft Aventus on my club’s lakes but would like to add a 12 footer as I visit Boddington and Clattercote regularly and require a longer rod for these vast venues and carp up to 20lbs. I’d be happy with a 12 ft Aventus but in the interests of variety, what would you sagacious folk consider as an appropriate alternative? Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers, Phil.
FS Hi's 12ft Waggler. The 12ft is stepped Up. 😁

90sGear

Site Supporter
I use the 12.6 Tricast commercial Waggler for these type of venues and so far no issues feels like it can control and land anything but will still be nice on any smaller fish

OxonPhil

I use the 12.6 Tricast commercial Waggler for these type of venues and so far no issues feels like it can control and land anything but will still be nice on any smaller fish
Living in Oxfordshire, there aren’t too many Tri-Cast stockists locally, though obviously I could get one blind online.

Rich123

I use an 11'6'' Preston carbon active for Hallcroft, big fish to 20lb in Moat, and many big double. You can find them now and again on -E-Bay.

Total

Site Supporter
Phil, As you already have and know about the 'Aventus' I know where my dosh would be going....(y)

OxonPhil

Phil, As you already have and know about the 'Aventus' I know where my dosh would be going....(y)
I will say, and this is of course a personal thing, I’ve yet to use a rod that comes near the playing action of the Aventus. However, as all of my rods are either Guru or Daiwa I thought I’d solicit the guidance of those on this forum as to the alternatives. Which of course means the 12ft Aventus will be the inevitable choice!

The Hitman

Site Supporter
To be fair, that’s what I see most matchmen using on commercials these days, worth considering.
I will be getting one myself. Moving back to the midlands in January, fishing bigger venues with bigger lumps.

Total

Site Supporter
I will say, and this is of course a personal thing, I’ve yet to use a rod that comes near the playing action of the Aventus. However, as all of my rods are either Guru or Daiwa I thought I’d solicit the guidance of those on this forum as to the alternatives. Which of course means the 12ft Aventus will be the inevitable choice!
Just bear in mind the 12 footer is a 3 piece.....(y)

OxonPhil

Just bear in mind the 12 footer is a 3 piece.....(y)
Which I prefer for storage. I never rig up my rods before a session, instead preferring to simply leave the reel attached and set up on the bank. And being that it’s top end there shouldn’t be any flat spots on a 3 piece either.

Total

Site Supporter
Which I prefer for storage. I never rig up my rods before a session, instead preferring to simply leave the reel attached and set up on the bank. And being that it’s top end there shouldn’t be any flat spots on a 3 piece either.
^^Agreed, it'll also be a little bit more forgiving in its action being a 3 piece....(y).....Beautiful rod. Our Guru/Daiwa 'rep' in our club swears by them....:love::giggle: