11ft to 13ft combo feeder rod

Maverick

Site Supporter
I was hoping to compile a list of 11ft - 13ft combo method feeder rods with the view to buying one, but I'm not even sure if anyone does one.
Most appear to be 11ft - 12ft combo's.

I will probably have to consider second hand with my budget of £100.

Can anyone offer any suggestions please?

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Free Spirit CTX multi feeder? £40 over budget but its an option if the 2nd hand market isn't fruitful.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
The original 11/13 feeder rods were designed by Roy Marlow amongst others and first came on the market in the 80s then in many versions sold in their 1000s since by Daiwa.
Roy moved to ABU in the 90s and designed their Suveraan 11/13 and 12/14 feeder rods others have copied since.
I would not describe them as "method feeder" rods as they were more all round traditional feeder rods but that is not to say they would not cast a method feeder especially the river versions of the Daiwas.

Louis D

Site Supporter
I've still got my Shimano Stradic 11/13 medium feeder - must be 25 years old and has been used for carping, bream with braid and all along the Bristol Avon. In the loft now along with a bunch of other good stuff I should sell.

rufcuk

Depending on your needs - you won’t get much better than the daiwa connoisseur feeders

baldpaul

Site Supporter
Daiwa Amorphous 11 / 13 in heavy and Stillwater versions. Best rod Daiwa ever came out with in my opinion.
Had mine stolen, replaced them with the newer Connoisseur versions, but I preferred the look and feel of the originals.

baldpaul

Site Supporter
Daiwa Amorphous 11 / 13 in heavy and Stillwater versions. Best rod Daiwa ever came out with in my opinion.
Reminds me of a Geordie who fished the Don and the canal at Barnby Dun, he explained , in all seriousness, that he’d just bought himself “ a Daiwana amorous whisper rod”.🤣

Maverick

Site Supporter
Free Spirit CTX multi feeder? £40 over budget but its an option if the 2nd hand market isn't fruitful.

Coming to a lake near you soon :beer-toast1:

JLK

Like the look of that rod. I wonder if the extension piece is guide free?

Maverick

Site Supporter
JLK said:
Like the look of that rod. I wonder if the extension piece is guide free?

Yes it is according to the description.
Just an update. This rod arrived today and this was the description of the rod on the Free Spirit Website:

A plug in 2’ extension piece above the handle allows a quick change from short to longer-range or for when the rod tip is elevated on rivers.

This statement is incorrect and miss-leading. The 2ft extension has one guide on it meaning you have to break the rod down in order to insert the extension then tackle up again. Couldn't find a picture that showed the extension in it's full length that showed the guide.

Just one of the irritating details that spoils what would have been a fantastic rod. The second is how small the eyes are on the tips. At 13ft its supposed to be a distance feeder rod. You won't be using a shock absorber with this rod.

Considering it's supposed to have been designed with the input of one of the top guys in carp fishing, these 2 details spoil what would have been a superb rod.

Reactions: JLK

JLK

Thanks for the heads up on this one.
That's why I posted my comment. I read it like you did but would probably have tried ringing them up first in fairness, as this kind of advertisement is pretty common with rods like this.
I have a few 11/13 diawa rods that are exactly the same with the extension and guide, but if you could find an amorphous, connoisseur X or Z, spectron MK1 cheap enough on ebay they would be perfect for what you want.