11 Fish for 11lb on the nose

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
If you're only going to catch 11 fish that's a good 11 to catch, lovely looking fish indeed. Look like they've come from a nice healthy water.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
When bites are at a premium they are worth waiting for (y)
You reminded me of a match I had on Barton broads there Nicky. I was next to John Allerton. He had four bites all match for four fish and won the match with 7lb odd. At one point his pole never moved for 45 minutes. I thought he'd fallen asleep. It was a winter match.

Nicky Dodds

You reminded me of a match I had on Barton broads there Nicky. I was next to John Allerton. He had four bites all match for four fish and won the match with 7lb odd. At one point his pole never moved for 45 minutes. I thought he'd fallen asleep. It was a winter match.
That might be like me on Friday but the stamp may be just that little bit smaller...

rudd

Site Supporter
Beautiful net there well done! Are these river or stillwater fish? They look pristine
Hi, they are from a very special stillwater that I am privileged to baliff and fish.
Its deep, clear and full of zebra mussels.
Alot of my posts/reports are from the venue - its a club water with day tickets and can be a heartbreaker.
There are Perch to 3lb and Roach to 2lb as well as Tench to over 8lb, pristine carp to 20lb, eels to 7lb 12.
There were double figure bream but sadly not seen all year and we think they have all passed on.
Years ago there were massive Rudd but cormorants had them, the rudd are making a come back.

Anyone visiting the Felixstowe area of Suffolk and fancies a fish PM me.

The roach all came to double floro pinkie and the perch a single bronze/pinkie combo.
Waggler in 12 ft of water up the shallower end.
Couldnt get a bite on single red, bronze maggot or pinkie or double maggot.
Hardly had a touch for three hours whilst smoking my xmas cigar, drinking coffee, watching the various tits and birds and the deer.
Then I tried adding depth and moving droppers around until bites became a bjt more positive.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Well done proper fish indeed. Roach and Perch are the best species out there for me, especially good ones like those.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Anyone who is disappointed to only have 11 fish with a net like that is a lot better at fishing than I am. I’d be thrilled to have that lot in the middle of winter.