11’ or 12’ feeder rod recommendations

hodgey

I’m looking for a good 11’ or 12’ feeder rod have upto £200 to spend.
ideally want a rod with good through action supple enough for catching silvers but equally can handle carp upto 15lb if hooked.
I’ve been looking at the Daiwa castizm and n’zon z range and believe guru are releasing new feeder rods in March but would like to buy now.

would love to hear your guys thoughts as you are the ones using the rods on day to day basis so any recommendations gratefully received

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The drennan acolyte ultra is a great silvers rod but not sure you’d want fish over 10lb on it. Tbh you’ll probably need two rods to cover both silvers and carp of the size you state.

Jipes67

The drennan acolyte ultra is a great silvers rod but not sure you’d want fish over 10lb on it. Tbh you’ll probably need two rods to cover both silvers and carp of the size you state.

Then you just have to take the Acolyte Plus and it'll do. I have both in 11'
You can alsao have a look at the MAP Parabolix Balck Edition wich are lovely rods.

hodgey

Then you just have to take the Acolyte Plus and it'll do. I have both in 11'
You can alsao have a look at the MAP Parabolix Balck Edition wich are lovely rods.
The acolyte plus manage decent carp if hooked mate ?

DFL

Site Supporter
I have an 11ft plus Accy which I’m about to sell, pm me if you are interested.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’ve not used the plus but I’m not sure that it’ll do the silvers part of the brief all that well, not light enough tips for me. It’s a two rod job for me if you want to do both properly.

Fritz

Petri Heil! (german angler‘s greeting)
I’ve not used the plus but I’m not sure that it’ll do the silvers part of the brief all that well, not light enough tips for me. It’s a two rod job for me if you want to do both properly.
I think the same. The best solution would be to habe 2 Rods, one for silverfish and the other for carps up to 15lb. If you take only one rod for both purposes you would have to take the middle between a silver and carp feeder. That could be an acolyte plus.
@Silverfisher
I think that all Acolyte push in Carbon tips are interchangeable (plus/Ultra) so that you can buy extra tips from 1oz-4oz.

Fritz

Petri Heil! (german angler‘s greeting)
There are also Good reasons to buy only one new rod. If that is the case I would recommend you the Acolyte plus in 11ft and buy some spare tips with 1oz und 1,5oz. I have several Acolytes and I have to say that they are superb and the best rods I have ever owned. I love these rods as much as my wife.

Simon65

Tourney pro 10 ft , have used mine for silvers and carp to 18lb, excellent rods bit more than you want to spend but worth it

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Preston 11ft6 supera,, and the matrix xc class, 11ft10,, both cracking rods, that would be ok for the occasional double figure

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
Bobco still have some great deals on rod n reel combos, noticed yesterday...Daiwa Powermesh 13/6 feeder with Browning distance feeder reel for the sum of 90 kwid...bargain.

Calo0288

Possibly put it off until March? That's when Shimano will be releasing their new rods so you can take those along in your testion/choice.

hodgey

I’ve bought a Drennan Acolyte plus 11’ feeder as the acolytes seem to have a good name on this forum !
I am waiting for the new guru nguage feeders being released in March tbh but the acolyte will do me till then, might even fall in love with it.
Thanks for replies ?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Be interesting to see what shimano end up bringing out now you mention it in terms of if they do any more traditional style gear again rather than the more commercial stuff.

Jipes67

I think the same. The best solution would be to habe 2 Rods, one for silverfish and the other for carps up to 15lb. If you take only one rod for both purposes you would have to take the middle between a silver and carp feeder. That could be an acolyte plus.
@Silverfisher
I think that all Acolyte push in Carbon tips are interchangeable (plus/Ultra) so that you can buy extra tips from 1oz-4oz.

You can fish for silvers with the Acolyte Plus also. The rod still has a soft tip + middle action but a bit more backbone in the but comparing to the Ultra. The tips are very soft and I mainly fish with the 1,5 or 2 Oz. I only use the 1 Oz when fishing with mono and the bites are hard to read.

Reuben

Site Supporter
Another vote for the 11ft Acolyte Plus - outstanding for the money. I’ve had Carp to 15lb on mine. Can’t bully them but plenty of power in the butt section. I think the Acolyte range are great rods, I’ve 13ft float too &,between them, covers 95% of my fishing needs. My JW 11-13 Avon Quiver covers the the shortfall.