100 seat box

Status
Not open for further replies.

severence25

Hi,

Can anybody please give me any recommendations on cheap(ish) seat boxes, up to the 100 sort of bracket (maybe a bit more but not vast fortunes). Preferably one that you can fit all the normal types of attachments to from the likes of preston etc...

Thanks

Chris

chrisharry

Hi I just picked up a preston 'on box' of ebay brand new for 120. very nice box!

Captainswoop

this http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/products/Avanti-Stand-%26-Deliver-Mk2-Seatbox.html]Avanti Seatbox Is exactly the same as the http://www.totalfishinggear.co.uk/online.cfm/beds-and-chairs/tf-gear-match-boss-seat-box/39/no/49894]TF Gear Box.

Last edited:

n00b

bream slime
get yrself a preston xbox 2nd hand if you can on ebay etc...dont buy any of that avanti dragon stuff..it will break or fall apart:)

dstev

Dave
To be fair you can't go wrong for 99.99 for that Avant box, see if you can find it in a shop to test it's durability.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
argos are meant to be selling a browning seat box l read a while back for 99, maybe worth looking there, at least you would get a 16 day money back promise. and also if you did decide to sell it at a later date there is more chance that you would be able to sell it, which would be most unlikely with the avanti box unless you placed stickers over the name :)
also have a look at the Ultimate range of seat boxes l have heard one or two good things about the quality for price of these. and on ebay there are usually hundreds for sale in all price ranges.

Frodo

Grandeslam do a couple of boxes for under 100 they were on offer at Chapmans Angling. Had a 5 draw one for a couple of weeks been faultless so far.

Captainswoop

Originally posted by n00b

get yrself a preston xbox 2nd hand if you can on ebay etc...dont buy any of that avanti dragon stuff..it will break or fall apart:)

It is identical to the TF gear box. I have seen both and had a fiddle. They are apart from the stickers the same. They seem very well made.
All the manufacturers are using the same component ranges. It looks like they are just buying them in.
Fishing Republic have the same identical box in their range as well.

Dragon Carp are selling it as the Avanti at the lowest price of the 3.

TheCrow

Originally posted by Captainswoop

It is identical to the TF gear box. I have seen both and had a fiddle. They are apart from the stickers the same. They seem very well made.
All the manufacturers are using the same component ranges. It looks like they are just buying them in.
Fishing Republic have the same identical box in their range as well.

Dragon Carp are selling it as the Avanti at the lowest price of the 3.

It is also pretty much the same as the ron thompson box.

I have the ron thompson version and cant fault it.

I'm 18st and it takes my weight a breeze even with the legs at full heaight. The platform part takes me weight too.

sandy

ron thomson RT match seat box! cracking little box served me well for a couple of years!

severence25

Thanks for all you suggestions, live in Immingham not far from chapmans at s****horpe so I'm gonna pop down and have a look

Trendy Angler

Could get yourself an Ultimate RS3 from ultimate direct (link below).

110 gets you the box, with footplate, side tray and spray bar.

Not bad.

http://www.ultimate-direct.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=84&CAT_ID=91&P_ID=423

sackup

BROWNING
Do i say it? or dont i say it?
Stuff it, there all the same box apart from the avanti is cheaper.
Ive got the avanti battle station now which is exactly the same as the daiwa 200seat box apart from it hasnt got round legs like the daiwa and the high price. The stand and deliver is the same there are many boxes exactly the same as it. I had the stand and deliver before the battle station for 3 years and its still fine now my youngens using it, everything all intact and working just like it was when i got it.

n00b if your saying the avanti box is rubbish you are saying it about the following as already said

Tf gear
RT Ron Thompson Match Box
maver mx

Last edited:

n00b

bream slime
im saying its rubbish because i know it is.sorry but thats my opinion

Captainswoop

Because it's Avanti?

Before we accept your verdict od 'rubbish' can you give some support?

Trendy Angler

Just to let you know I have bought an ultimate rs5 and just been told by the missus it has arrived today. also bought the extra large footplate. Will take a look at the build quality when I get back and post a review. Went for this one as I have heard no bad reviews, and felt a bit miffed at the thought of paying 500+ for seatbox + accessories.

Watch this space.

sackup

BROWNING

im saying its rubbish because i know it is.sorry but thats my opinion

Thats your view but it the same box as the ones stated above so are they rubbish just because there not avanti, there all made in the same way with the same stuff by the same people.

I think your view is wrong mate there great boxes for the money. The point is if your on a tight budget then its great, another thing a branded name box dont make you a good angler you tart. Id woooop your arse sat on my cra@p avanti box and thats a fact.[:eek:)]

[}:)]

adzinderbyshire

I used to think Avanti stuff is all tat but must admit I've bought various bits recently and it has outperformed top brand tackle at a fraction of the price. So I wouldn't knock it unless you have bought it and tried it.

sackup

BROWNING
Originally posted by adzinderbyshire

I used to think Avanti stuff is all tat but must admit I've bought various bits recently and it has outperformed top brand tackle at a fraction of the price. So I wouldn't knock it unless you have bought it and tried it.

[:T] Well said mate glad youve got brains. Ive had 45lb of skimmers today in 3 hours with an avanti rod, reel, line, method the only thing that wasnt avanti is the hook and pellets even the method was avanti ive been sat on an avanti box all fish were landed with an avanti landing net pole and landing net all placed in an avanti keepnet. Nothing broke or let me down that weight of that lake is a match winning weight by far. Why because its got a name such as preston, maver, daiwa does it mean you will be a better angler well its total rubbish, you make yourself a good angler by learning why do people think just because your sat on a preston box its got some sort of powers that makes you a better angler AAAAAGGGGGGRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!![}:)]

Sorry badpegpicker i promised you id never rant again.

Status
Not open for further replies.