100.000 DEAD FISH

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Yes thats right ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DEAD FISHhave been removed from the River Slea in Lincolnshire.

They were removed in a 21km stretch of the river between Sleaford and the River Witham.

No known fish kills have occured in the River Witham.

Further tests have revealed the river is devoid of life.(River Slea)

The cause,release of toxic insecticide.
The EA are getting together evidence to take legal action against those responsible

Any one wanting to read the report ,its on page two in AT,

My thoughts on this are to strong to put on here, but can i just say,people who do/cause things like this disgust me,why do they do it, one thing, MONEY,GREED, ,
What will happen to them when took to court,, 1 fine for every dead fish, i hope not, more like a 1000,000 fine for every fish.

I will be happy to pay my 22 licence fee for next year to the EA,

Where would we be without them,who would take legal action against scumbags like these,

catch me if u can
Andy,

Last edited:

Lid

What a complete catastrophe!!
quote:The cause,release of toxic insecticide.
Why on earth was this stuff released into a river? Do the perpetrators of this crime claim it was an accident? These chemicals are extremely potent. I remember an now banned insecticide called Phosdrin years ago. Only a tiny drop of the concentrate could kill you and it I seem to recall a whole barrel of the stuff being lost in the English channel. Never heard the impact of that disaster.

Lid [:)]

chub

[:(!][:(!][:(!] oh no not another fish kill when will idiots stop dumping pollutants in our waterways and killing all the fish and not to mention all the other wildlife that live in or depend on the rivers

i love catching chub

The Witness

Andy,
100% with you.Anyone polluting waters like that should be put in the front line when the push on Iraq starts.
Lets hope the EA get a prosecution which will act as a suitable deterrent against any willful or careless release of chemicals.

Richard.

chub

yes and they should be made to pay the full cost of returning this river to life

i love catching chub

Steve M

Site Supporter
Hi,
another ecological disaster.I have read the article in AT, but no national dailies seem to have covered the story.I guess if anyone is ever prosecuted the punishment/penalty will never be sufficient to repair the damage done,or stop any further incidents.Examples should be made of those responsible.
[:(][:(][:(]

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D][:D]

And some say Otters are bad..... killing the odd fish....

Pity us poor human beings.....were the only trouble on this planet.[:(!]..

Cheers.....

MOOKSTER....[:)][:)][:)][:)]

Happyeater

I have found its mainly ignorance on the corporate businesses behalf. The number of times I have been asked to quote to clear oil off a warehouse (always got to be careful spelling that one [;)] )or yard floor with a powerwasher. The companies never wonder where all the chemicals, oil and water/detergents are going to go. Only when I ask if they have asked permission or advice from the Rivers Authority/ Health and Safety Executive, do they even begin to think of the consequences.

Some nasty chemicals spill in yards, delivery bays and warehousing which simply gets flushed straight down the drain and into the nearest watercourse. It has to be the relevant Authority enforcing with massive fines to stop them along with an education programme for the companies who handle poisons.

G

Mookster [:D][:D][:D], nice one my man

catch me if u can
Andy,

Status
Not open for further replies.