10' light float rods.

Rick123

Site Supporter
This is a no brainier for me. I bought this earlier this year and has soon become a favourite rod. Has a detachable butt section making it a tad shorter, possibly ideal for you.

Could I fish a 3lb hook link safely DFL?

Rick123

Site Supporter
11' wouldn't be a problem guys, the TFG fits the boxes and my You-Tube mate uses one. At that price i could take a punt, its the crispness I like in small rods. Most are a bit too soft on the strike. I feel I may have sole my Drennan ultralight 11' too soon, but I sold it for a reason the action?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The 9ft version is a much stiffer rod, CW 20 to the 10ft F1 CW 10, much more softer all through rod to cope with very light hook lengths, you could hook a xmas fairy in a sea of cotton wool o_O
Probably should have gone for that then. Mind you dads clumsy on the boat so were it not for the 9ft he’d be hitting me on the head with it haha

Reuben

Site Supporter
11' wouldn't be a problem guys, the TFG fits the boxes and my You-Tube mate uses one. At that price i could take a punt, its the crispness I like in small rods. Most are a bit too soft on the strike. I feel I may have sole my Drennan ultralight 11' too soon, but I sold it for a reason the action?
The Drennan 11ft Ultralight is a joy to use without a doubt.

Rick123

Site Supporter
So I'm down to the Browning F1 and the TFG both 10'. Just wondered of the growing might be a little better quality all over? I'd be using 4lb main line with maybe 3lb hook link? Thoughts welcome please guys?

Rick123

Site Supporter
Gone for the Browning F1 at £65 all in. The high stand off rings look a bit better, and a decent reel fitting. I'll feedback as always thanks guys and Old Man River too. (y) (y)