10' light float rods.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Anyone have any thoughts on a light 10' float rod for silver fish? I'm not after a pellet waggler but more a little stream rod for trotting if possible. Not expensive guys this is just a little play rod really? Cheers Richard.

Reuben

Site Supporter
Oakwood do one - £23 on Amazon if you want cheap. Gets decent reviews. Don’t have one myself though.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Good luck. Desperately tried to find one for my boat but they don’t seem to exist. Ended up with a ninja which is ok ish action wise but too powerful really. I’ve heard promising things about the tfgear compact float but I was sceptical as to whether it would be any better given most tfgear rods are commercial biased so I went for the ninja simply because I could find one to waggle it.

DFL

Site Supporter
This is a no brainier for me. I bought this earlier this year and has soon become a favourite rod. Has a detachable butt section making it a tad shorter, possibly ideal for you.

Sad Teacher

Just got a Shakespeare Omni, 10ft 3 piece match. Seems okay better than i expected quite light casts quite well. Got it because it fits nicely across the back seat of my car. Going to go and take a few pictures and do a review next week. Less than £30 from tackle direct

Reuben

Site Supporter
I forgot about the Shaky Omni - could be just the job for the OP. Shakespeare have their fans.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Finding a decent quality, fast and light actioned, 10' rod for trotting is certainly a challenge. Another foot gives the odd extra option.
It may be worth looking out for a longer cheap donor rod that could be cut down and modified.

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
Rick, I had the very thoughts and found exactly the right rod for the job. Browning CK F1 10ft Micro Waggler . Has to be the F1. No need to spend a lot on this rod as you will not be using it a lot over the year but when you need to it does the job superbly. I also have the CK F1 7ft Tickler to do the same job on the deck a great bomb micro feeder at very short range, perfect using a sliding Olivette as bomb, simple tactics. BTW converted a broken tip into a swing tip carrier on this rod. Both rods come into their own this time of year.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Rick, I had the very thoughts and found exactly the right rod for the job. Browning CK F1 10ft Micro Waggler . Has to be the F1. No need to spend a lot on this rod as you will not be using it a lot over the year but when you need to it does the job superbly. I also have the CK F1 7ft Tickler to do the same job on the deck a great bomb micro feeder at very short range, perfect using a sliding Olivette as bomb, simple tactics. BTW converted a broken tip into a swing tip carrier on this rod. Both rods come into their own this time of year.
I got the 9ft version for my dad. It's fairly decent but not the right action although think should the 10ft is slightly better. Might get him the 7ft next year so he's got float and feeder covered. Very nice finish to them for the price that's for sure.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Here, if it's in stock. May have to buy something else to get free postage over £40. Oops, just noticed it's 11' even though I searched 10'

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
I got the 9ft version for my dad. It's fairly decent but not the right action although think should the 10ft is slightly better. Might get him the 7ft next year so he's got float and feeder covered. Very nice finish to them for the price that's for sure.
The 9ft version is a much stiffer rod, CW 20 to the 10ft F1 CW 10, much more softer all through rod to cope with very light hook lengths, you could hook a xmas fairy in a sea of cotton wool o_O

Last edited: