“We Fish As One” and Emma Harrison's fight for female friendly fishing!

Mrs Munch

Site Supporter
I've had no problems with anyone in the fishing community. I've been nothing but welcomed, especially from all the guys on this site and I thank you all for the warm welcome. 😚

But I don't know if anyone on here has noticed, i'm not an 'ordinary' gal. I do not get offended. why get upset by something you can't control? You can't control what people say or how they think so I don't let it bother me.
Plus I love banter, whether it's seen by some as 'sexist' or not and will happily give it back but maybe that's because I have 130 guys that work for/with me everyday. If a guy said to me 'I'll never let a woman beat me' I see that's as a challenge and will go out to do just that or at least try. It's all about your mindset and how you choose to perceive things. I have not got time or the energy to care about stupid comments from stupid people...... But that's just me!!!

Happy fishing everyone 🙂

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
It's all about positive mental attitude. The "can do" attitude. We are surrounded by assholes, some sexist, some racist but if we just let them get on with their alienist lives and ignore them then they lose in the end. I'm sure @Mrs Munch would have no problem at all talking to any one of you over a pint or two and you would leave a happier man having met her. We are born how we are born, we have no choice in that. What defines us is how we interact with others.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I’d welcome any woman onto the bank. Except my missus. She is the luckiest ‘ angler ‘ ever. After an evening match on the Leeds / Liverpool I canal up at Thackley I passed her my 3m whip which I’d been catching gudgeon with as I packed up. First put in I thought she had hooked a snag until it moved off. That was a bream of 4.5lb. Next put in she hooked a tench which amazingly could not break my 12oz bottom choose how hard she pulled. 🙄 That went 2 3/4lb. I weighed 5lb 2oz of gonks to win the match. She would have beat me with just those two fish. 🙄 Pheromones. That’s what it is. I’m sure of it. Fish must be attracted to Pheromones. Never again. I still get reminded of it to this day. 😫

SeanB

Site Supporter
I've had no problems with anyone in the fishing community. I've been nothing but welcomed, especially from all the guys on this site and I thank you all for the warm welcome.
It's because we're all scared of you 🥺

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
To be honest Mrs Munch was a pleasure to fish alongside, I don't know what all the fuss is about MrMunch :D