‘Lines’ when feeder fishing still waters.

fenlandesox

Hello, I would love to hear your opinions on setting up baited lines to fish during a feeder match and how close is too close? I’m usually fishing 25-35 and then a back up 70-80 but my accuracy drops and as it takes so long to top up, plus presentation is difficult here as we experience extremely strong tows. I focus a lot on the close line only resorting to it out of desperation but to be honest it’s unproductive. Is 20-30m and 50-60 too close to work? We are fishing positively here dropping a good 7-8 big feeder fills at the start but I wouldn’t worry about doing at least 10. I’m thinking the fish might start swapping between the two with so much bait in the water?

What do you guys think. It’s a Stillwater by the way mainly going for large hybrids, kind of like the Dutch size and style of fishing in this country.

Thanks

Total

Site Supporter
It might help if you name the water....Someone on here would probably have fished it and can give you some useful info'.....(y)

Godber

.Nobice and inventor of W@nkles
Site Supporter
70-80 seems a long way if your short line is 25-35. Whats the difference in depth between 50 and 70? If its only a couple of foot l'd be more incline to fish 50 but add on a couple of meters at a time if the fish push out.
I would also try two negative lines at 11ish o'clock just groundbait with just a pinch of loose offerings, mainly micros, and your more positive lines at 1ish o'clock with a good helping of loosefeed.
As for the tow, you never know until you cast out. I always start on my lightest 1oz but regularly change up to a 2oz if its dragging through.

Total

Site Supporter
Sure it’s a bay in The gulf of Finland, close to Helsinki. Pretty much non tidal, fresh water. Pretty crazy to be bream fishing in the sea honestly. I’m an expat here.
Yes mate, I've fished it a few times!:love::LOL::ROFLMAO:....

All waters are/will be different distances between swims and are not transferable to different waters too many variables etc...

One ressy I fish one line is at 20 metres and another at 40 those distances would be next to useless on a another water....All I will say if your struggling for accuracy and distance at 80 metres, bring that line back 20 metres or so......Better to be accurate and consistent at that distance and 'creep out' from there a couple of metres at a time if you have to.