£1k...what 16m pole?

Jimmies

I'm just building my kit back up after 15 years out and I'm now on the pole question. I'd be looking to use it on some canals, rivers sometimes and natural lakes (which 16m would be handy every now and again)

But I'm stuck on the pole as I've had no experience of the more modern poles. I've been thinking of Daiwa matchwinner c4/5, maver oculus 799/999 type of setup.....but I'd be very interested in hearing of other poles new or 2nd hand I should look at.

I appreciate that 1k is on the low side for new when looking at 16m so I'm not expecting top of the line equipment

Cheers

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I'm just building my kit back up after 15 years out and I'm now on the pole question. I'd be looking to use it on some canals, rivers sometimes and natural lakes (which 16m would be handy every now and again)

But I'm stuck on the pole as I've had no experience of the more modern poles. I've been thinking of Daiwa matchwinner c4/5, maver oculus 799/999 type of setup.....but I'd be very interested in hearing of other poles new or 2nd hand I should look at.

I appreciate that 1k is on the low side for new when looking at 16m so I'm not expecting top of the line equipment

Cheers
Maver oculus have good reviews , 999

Jimmies

yes, I think i'm between the C5 and 999 - is the G90 worth the extra or are they fundamentally the same?

cheers for the input

Jimmies

I actually went for a new Maver Definition XS 14.5m which was basically half the price of the 999 or C5. I kept hearing that using the full 16m is quite rare.....so I had a bit of a think on the cost benefits of just getting a 14.5m one

I comes next week and just need to get the accessories sorted

johnfranks

Site Supporter
Probably a good decision. To fish comfortably for any length of time at 16ms you would need to spend over 2k. At least that's what I have found

Simmo

I actually went for a new Maver Definition XS 14.5m which was basically half the price of the 999 or C5. I kept hearing that using the full 16m is quite rare.....so I had a bit of a think on the cost benefits of just getting a 14.5m one

I comes next week and just need to get the accessories sorted
Interested to see that you settled for one of these, I'm thinking about having the Maver Definition XS myself but can't decide. How are you going with it? I'm looking for something that will handle carp in the mid double sort of bracket as wel as the smaller stuff.

Mikey213175

I have the occulus 999XS. For £1300.00 its a dream. So light. But so stiff and responsive. The 8 yes eight top kits and bioculor(8-9 short) balanced is a dream. Had carp to midd doubles. Balance your tackle and no worries of breakeges .
Had the MAP 501 first gen before this and whilst a bloody good pole. The maver is diff class.

Commercial or natural venues This pole is a dream to use...
Regards Mike.