£100,000 Fishing Association Super Cup

crackatoa

The shortfall is a bit more than £36k - £100k first prize, £8k second prize and £1k for all the finalists - so that's a total prize pool of £126k - which if my maths is right is a shortfall of £62k - and that's assuming it's a sell-out.

Simon
Still doesn't seem a lot when talking TV money. Does anyone have any idea how much Sky pay for Fisho. Doubt Hearns won't be making a tidy profit from it.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
'With the final being held at some nondescript commercial 180 miles away I doubt the uptake will be very great from North-East based anglers anyway.'

Simon
What's nondescript about Decoy,it's been the areas leading match venue for donkeys years,if the final were to be held on Yew which is now full of monster fish the winner would need a very big weight to win it,the only problem I could see with it would be the televising of it as possibly other than Beastie lake there seems limited access for cameras and virtually no room for spectators.
The best part of it that I see is that tickets are limited to one per angler topping the pro/semi pro anglers buying a ticket until they qualify

No problem. The anglers could fish say Oak and Yew - ten down each side on the west of Oak and the east of Yew, with cameras positioned down the middle, between the two lakes. Steve is a regular there and I am sure he has something in mind.

And I agree with Simon - Decoy is hardly nondescript. I think 160642 lives nearby, so perhaps he has misunderstood where the final is.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
No problem. The anglers could fish say Oak and Yew - ten down each side on the west of Oak and the east of Yew, with cameras positioned down the middle, between the two lakes. Steve is a regular there and I am sure he has something in mind.

And I agree with Simon - Decoy is hardly nondescript. I think 160642 lives nearby, so perhaps he has misunderstood where the final is.
I think it's you that's got the wrong end of the stick Gozzer,Simon is the one saying the final (which as I understand it is at Decoy) who's calling it nondescript,I was actually defending it as a fishery,I can see your point re Oak and Yew as far as TV is concerned but there's no room for spectators,unless Di's going to put up a grandstand down the right hand side of Yew.:D