£100,000 Fishing Association Super Cup

The Landlord

Site Supporter
You have to nomiinate your three home fisheries. It doesn't say anything about that they have to run open matches.
It says you have to organise your head to head "within the context of a match already being held in your region".

genesis

Account Locked
It says you have to organise your head to head "within the context of a match already being held in your region".
I stand corrected mate as I didn't see that. My three nominated fisheries (bearing in mind there are no regions listed yet) Lindholme. Messingham & Birkwood Farm. I would have preferred Messingham, Messingham and Messingham but not sure I would have got away with it. And it's not even in my county.

alsur

Site Supporter
You have to nomiinate your three home fisheries. It doesn't say anything about that they have to run open matches.
On video they did, I don't think rules have been finalised, I would rather fish against Jamie Hughes in a 40 peg match where there is a chance he could draw a really bad peg and me a flyer, than on adjacent pegs where I would have no chance .

Simon R

Site Supporter
I'd like to know what this means from the FAQ section of the website:

WHAT WATER TYPES CAN YOU FISH?
The first year of the competition will be for ‘approved’ commercial venues. We will have a full list of approved venues by the 31st January 2021.

As I read it you'll have to pick your 'home' venue from a supplied list - so could end up having to nominate a fishery you've never even seen before.

Simon

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
It looks as if the draft rules have been amended. Currently they do say that the head-to-head must be within the context of a match. But I had seen, earlier, that if that proved impossible it could have been outside a match. Steve has been mentioning this on Facebook for some weeks, so perhaps that was the original intention.

pies

Site Supporter
Nomination of the three fisheries is purely so they can be more accurate with which zone you will be in, as far as i can tell

JLK

I'd like to know what this means from the FAQ section of the website:

WHAT WATER TYPES CAN YOU FISH?
The first year of the competition will be for ‘approved’ commercial venues. We will have a full list of approved venues by the 31st January 2021.

As I read it you'll have to pick your 'home' venue from a supplied list - so could end up having to nominate a fishery you've never even seen before.

Simon
That's pretty much my feeling about it.
I've fished some of the popular commercial fisheries in the Yorkshire region and a few in the North West region and the standard of angler on the opens on these venues are class. And these are the anglers you would probably be competing against for sure.
And that's before you even mention the top flight anglers.
I think bring honest I would have to get really lucky to beat any of the anglers in my region that decided to enter even though I'm not exactly a slouch at fishing due to the fact that a) I don't have a home water and b) what ever venue I decided to pick would probably result in my opponent knowing more about the venue than I would. Could be interesting though and one to contemplate for the future once you get to see the accepted venue's. You could then maybe concentrate your efforts on a few going forward.

genesis

Account Locked
On video they did, I don't think rules have been finalised, I would rather fish against Jamie Hughes in a 40 peg match where there is a chance he could draw a really bad peg and me a flyer, than on adjacent pegs where I would have no chance .
On yer day mate on yer day (y)

I once beat Mr. Hughes. Tommy P, Mick Bull, Andy Geldart and Cooky in a fisho qualifier and I came 12th out of 60.

They all have bad draws and bad days but the trouble is they have more great days than I do.

alsur

Site Supporter
On yer day mate on yer day (y)

I once beat Mr. Hughes. Tommy P, Mick Bull, Andy Geldart and Cooky in a fisho qualifier and I came 12th out of 60.

They all have bad draws and bad days but the trouble is they have more great days than I do.
Very true, don't match fish much now but back in 80s and 90s when I did I've finished higher than some very good anglers. Even won a South East region super league match which featured the best teams in the region Dorking, Essex County etc, I drew end peg in best section.

Carp attack

I stand corrected mate as I didn't see that. My three nominated fisheries (bearing in mind there are no regions listed yet) Lindholme. Messingham & Birkwood Farm. I would have preferred Messingham, Messingham and Messingham but not sure I would have got away with it. And it's not even in my county.
Dam it, I was thinking along the same lines as you were with Sands fir all 3! ?, maybe have to be Sands, Grange, Lindolme something like that,

cyanide kid

Site Supporter
Is Mr Dorks making up the shortfall or am i not understanding the funding, i.e. 10 regions x 128 anglers x £50 =£64000 or do you have to pay £50 each match?

crackatoa

Is Mr Dorks making up the shortfall or am i not understanding the funding, i.e. 10 regions x 128 anglers x £50 =£64000 or do you have to pay £50 each match?
TV, Sponsors and advertising will probably more than make up the shortfall. £36k is nothing if it gets a 5hr slot like fisho

cyanide kid

Site Supporter
Further to my comments above it looks as if you pay £50 each match so that the 20 anglers fishing the final will have paid £350 having fished 7 matches.If this is correct and 128 anglers start in each of the 10 regions the total amount raised will be £127000 enabling him to payout at least £100000. Can only be good for fishing and match fishing in particular. Well done Mr Dorks.

Total

Site Supporter
Further to my comments above it looks as if you pay £50 each match so that the 20 anglers fishing the final will have paid £350 having fished 7 matches.If this is correct and 128 anglers start in each of the 10 regions the total amount raised will be £127000 enabling him to payout at least £100000. Can only be good for fishing and match fishing in particular. Well done Mr Dorks.

;)(y)

fishing match.jpg

160642fishing

Site Supporter
'With the final being held at some nondescript commercial 180 miles away I doubt the uptake will be very great from North-East based anglers anyway.'

Simon
What's nondescript about Decoy,it's been the areas leading match venue for donkeys years,if the final were to be held on Yew which is now full of monster fish the winner would need a very big weight to win it,the only problem I could see with it would be the televising of it as possibly other than Beastie lake there seems limited access for cameras and virtually no room for spectators.
The best part of it that I see is that tickets are limited to one per angler topping the pro/semi pro anglers buying a ticket until they qualify

Simon R

Site Supporter
That was basically my point - the biggest lake is only 30 pegs or so and by the time you position a few cameras the remaining anglers are gonna be shoehorned in. I don't know how many spectators they're expecting but where are they firstly going to park and secondly stand so they can see some of the action. Plus I would imagine the existing car-parks are pretty nearly full with anglers fishing the other lakes on a weekend so presumably in order to cater for spectators the whole complex would need to be closed.

Why not use the waters that have successfully held large scale televised finals in the past - that have room for spectators, room for the television crews and room so that the most important people (the anglers) can actually spread out a little. Hayfield, Hallcroft, Cudmore - even Larford - have all successfully held big televised matches - and all have at least one large lake of 40 pegs+
If they're doing the Fishomania thing of regular weigh-ins don't they need a spare peg next to each angler for weighing-in and returning fish anyway?

Simon

Simon R

Site Supporter
TV, Sponsors and advertising will probably more than make up the shortfall. £36k is nothing if it gets a 5hr slot like fisho
The shortfall is a bit more than £36k - £100k first prize, £8k second prize and £1k for all the finalists - so that's a total prize pool of £126k - which if my maths is right is a shortfall of £62k - and that's assuming it's a sell-out.

Simon