£100,000 Fishing Association Super Cup

pies

Site Supporter
Im not understanging the venue selection.
in round 1 there are 128 anglers in a region, 64 will somehow be home anglers, who decides who the home angler is
those 64 pairs need to be in contact with each other, are all matches on same day over how many venues, and who is going to officiate the matches
then in next round 64 anglers again, who is home angler etc etc
going to get complicated
would be easier fo match to be on given day same venue,either top half progress or peg 2v3, 4v5 etc and 1v128

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Im not understanging the venue selection.
in round 1 there are 128 anglers in a region, 64 will somehow be home anglers, who decides who the home angler is
those 64 pairs need to be in contact with each other, are all matches on same day over how many venues, and who is going to officiate the matches
then in next round 64 anglers again, who is home angler etc etc
going to get complicated
would be easier fo match to be on given day same venue,either top half progress or peg 2v3, 4v5 etc and 1v128
Reading through it, there's a 4 week window for you to complete your match. I'd assume it's like the FA Cup draw.....first name out is the home team. There will be a list of venues (commercials) in each region where the matches can be held. Person drawn at home gets to select the venue & is responsible for notifying the result to the organisers. You can take part in a match (club or open) that's already being held in that region. Your match is against your opponent within that match.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
WHAT IS THE COMPETITION FORMAT

Each region will host up to 6 head-to-head knockout rounds culminating in 2 anglers from each region qualifying for the grand final and a guaranteed £1000. Venue for the grand final TBC.
There will be a live draw on March 8th 2021 to determine all the first round fixtures.
We will then link you up with your opponent and you will have 4 weekends from the start of the competition (Sat March 27th) in order to organise a head to head clash within the context of a match already taking place in your region.
On Monday 26th April (day after completion of round 1) there will be another live draw for round 2 with the following 4 weekends to complete as before.
The first 3 rounds will have 4 week windows to complete whereas the quarter, semi and final will only have 3 week slots.
This will be repeated for 6 rounds providing us with 2 finalists from each region.
The 20 finalists are scheduled to fish on Sat 25th September 2021 at Decoy Lakes Cambridgeshire.

JLK

Bet the oaks and the angel of the North are not in the verified venue list. Same goes for any other venue that throws up 400lb plus weights.
Only way to do this in a fair way is for the two anglers to fish the same venue on the same day. You can't be fishg a head to head on two different venues. Best angler will always win and that will generally be the pros/semi pros
What they should do is have a club angler only 100k comp. No sponsored or pro anglers allowed ?

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Bet the oaks and the angel of the North are not in the verified venue list. Same goes for any other venue that throws up 400lb plus weights.
Only way to do this in a fair way is for the two anglers to fish the same venue on the same day. You can't be fishg a head to head on two different venues. Best angler will always win and that will generally be the pros/semi pros
What they should do is have a club angler only 100k comp. No sponsored or pro anglers allowed ?
You won't be fishing two different venues. You both have to take part in the same match. Whoever is drawn at home gets to select the match.

JLK

That's what I would have thought should happen. Still. Dependant on his they pick the venue's to be considered. I still think the end result will be a final full of pro/semi pro anglers. They get to see more venues than most and will probably have fished the verified venue's in their region more than most tbh

The Landlord

Site Supporter
That's what I would have thought should happen. Still. Dependant on his they pick the venue's to be considered. I still think the end result will be a final full of pro/semi pro anglers. They get to see more venues than most and will probably have fished the verified venue's in their region more than most tbh
Oh absolutely. I won't be entering but if I did, I'd be in the same region as Jamie Hughes, Andy May, Steve Openshaw & Kristian Jones.........all Fisho finalists. Guess why I won't bother :ROFLMAO:

alsur

Site Supporter
I think they are still sorting out final details but as far as I can understand it's sorted to regions, two anglers fish against each other in any already organised match, the home angler get choice of match, for this year in must be on a commercial. The one who finished highest in match goes through when there are only 20 anglers left they fish a final at Decoy.

I think format is good but it will take some refining, it does give lesser angler a better chance of progressing. In passed I've fished plenty of matches where top anglers have been involved, one who fished my winter league was Steve Gardener giving even pegs I would never beat him, but I did finish higher than him in some of the matches.

abbo27

Oh absolutely. I won't be entering but if I did, I'd be in the same region as Jamie Hughes, Andy May, Steve Openshaw & Kristian Jones.........all Fisho finalists. Guess why I won't bother :ROFLMAO:
Surely this is the beauty of the competition. Without wanting to cast aspersions on your match fishing ability ( for me it would be like a pub team drawing Spurs, it is like Marine drawing Spurs in the actual FA Cup. 99 times out of a hundred you lose, but maybe, just maybe, you draw well, they draw badly...Worst case it's an excuse to meet them, pick their brains and learn something.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Surely this is the beauty of the competition. Without wanting to cast aspersions on your match fishing ability ( for me it would be like a pub team drawing Spurs, it is like Marine drawing Spurs in the actual FA Cup. 99 times out of a hundred you lose, but maybe, just maybe, you draw well, they draw badly...Worst case it's an excuse to meet them, pick their brains and learn something.
Yeah to be honest, you're right mate.
As it happens Jamie Hughes has just rejoined our club & has been fishing our ponds during lockdown. Haven't met him yet though.

genesis

Account Locked
This is not rocket science to understand. For example one region has 128 anglers who live in that region. The organisers will then draw you out as a match, for example The Landlord is drawn at home to me. If by chance (highly unlikely) we were members of the same fishing club then we could use a club match as our match and whoever finishes highest in that match wins and ,goes through to the next round, and whoever loses is out all together, end of your £50.00 If we are not members of the same club then the match would be at the home venue Landlord selected as he was drawn first and is the home angler. Then we can either fish an open match at his venue or fish our own two angler match if the venue allows it. Once you have fished your match you notify the organisers of the result and you are in the next round.

pies

Site Supporter
So basically this will be fished on an open match. Likelihood of a pair of anglers belonging to same club remote

genesis

Account Locked
So basically this will be fished on an open match. Likelihood of a pair of anglers belonging to same club remote
No I haven't said that. That is one possibility. You can also fish it at a venue that allow you to use keepnets when pleasure fishing. So you could both turn up, pick two pegs, fish your match against each other and weigh yourself in

G0zzer2

Site Supporter

Not sure what that's got to do with it. You are invited to nominate three fisheries you would like to fish on, and the organisers try to pair you up. I don't see how they can do much more. Since you would expect mainly Open anglers to part with the £50 they will immediately understand the set-up. Even I worked that out, without listening to the video. Cos I've seen the written rules.

Dozens of clubs fish knockout events on the same lines - you are drawn against each other and decide how you will compete. That can be in a match or on a one-to-one basis. I've done it myself. The winner goes to the next round. BUT you have to have a 'home' angler who makes the final decision if you cannot agree. Most normal anglers will agree.

The negativity on this site can sometimes be very frustrating. :)

pies

Site Supporter
No i just want to understand how its going to run before burning £50

alsur

Site Supporter
No I haven't said that. That is one possibility. You can also fish it at a venue that allow you to use keepnets when pleasure fishing. So you could both turn up, pick two pegs, fish your match against each other and weigh yourself in
Not sure you will be able to do that listen to video I think it has to be a match and minimum number of competitors will be required.

genesis

Account Locked
Not sure you will be able to do that listen to video I think it has to be a match and minimum number of competitors will be required.
You have to nomiinate your three home fisheries. It doesn't say anything about that they have to run open matches.