Zander

bispham blade

footy n fishing
Was wondering where the best place is to maybe get a zander? Never caught one and other than a char I think its the only fish ive yet to catch. Im in Lancashire so nearer the better if possible. have been told the severn is the water but upper, middle lower? I'm unsure. any pointers would be much appreciated ty

bispham blade

footy n fishing
TBH the severrn and the trent are about the same distance but i do love the severn. im just outside blackpool in bispham ;)

Lcn

Only just seen this . A couple of mates and me decided to have a go for zander and like you we are based in Lancashire . We ended up having a go on the Oxford canal and Coventry canal . We only had perch on the Oxford but we all had zander on the Coventry canal , nothing big but still what we went for . We saw a local lure fishing and he claimed he’d only ever caught one zander in all the time he’d fished there but we had 4 from in front of one tree literally within minutes of talking to him . We bumped into him again later on just after my mate had another one and got talking lures with him and I gave him a few soft plastics that he liked the look of and he opened up and started showing us pictures of the zander he’d had off there which was quite a few . If you do go after them one thing I noticed is if you get one give the same area a good going over because there’s a good chance there will be more of them . The lures we caught on were zman slim shads in pearl and kopytos in yellow