Your team.

crowder

I wonder if a fantastic player and European Cup Winner like Archie Gemmill would make it in the modern era where physical stature has become such a requirement?
I wouldn’t say physical stature is as important as some think in the modern game, in fact I think it’s that way of thinking that has held back England progressing with the likes of Spain/Germany.
Spain won 2 world cups and a euros with little magicians like Xavi, Iniesta, David Silva.

Manchester City have built arguably one of the greatest teams the PL has seen and they aren’t a team full of physically gifted players just exceptionally technically gifted and hard working.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
I wouldn’t say physical stature is as important as some think in the modern game, in fact I think it’s that way of thinking that has held back England progressing with the likes of Spain/Germany.
Spain won 2 world cups and a euros with little magicians like Xavi, Iniesta, David Silva.

Manchester City have built arguably one of the greatest teams the PL has seen and they aren’t a team full of physically gifted players just exceptionally technically gifted and hard working.
I wholeheartedly agree and wish more managers would focus on footballing skill above physicality.

Bulldog

Site Supporter
Coventry City

Bill Glazier

Mo Kojic
George Curtis
Danny Thomas
Roland Neilson

Tommy Hutchinson
Mustfa Hadji
Gary McAlister
Darren Huckerby

Dion Dublin
Robbie Keane

Subs
Noel Whelan
Yussif Chippo
Joe Cole
Colin Stein
David Thompson

Manager............... John Sillett

Bulldog

Site Supporter
It all went wrong when the then chairman sold Highfield Road, and the new stadium fiasco, i think cyrilles best years were at WBA if you watched him week in week out at Coventry he was frustrating at times saying that he played a huge part in the cup success,

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
Coventry City

Bill Glazier

Mo Kojic
George Curtis
Danny Thomas
Roland Neilson

Tommy Hutchinson
Mustfa Hadji
Gary McAlister
Darren Huckerby

Dion Dublin
Robbie Keane

Subs
Noel Whelan
Yussif Chippo
Joe Cole
Colin Stein
David Thompson

Manager............... John Sillett
Brian Kilcline - Fearsome , proper old school centre half.