Your team.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Quite like when old players do their all time team, so why not do ours for our respective clubs.
A Utd 11 for me, as a 4-4-2.

De Gea

Irwin
Vidic
Ferdinand
Neville.G

Giggs
Scholes
Robson
Kanchelskis

Best
Cantona

JayBee

Site Supporter
Aw!, come on.....No Duncan Edwards, or Bobby Charlton, or Roy Keane, or Peter Schmeicel, nor even a certaim Mr. Beckham!!,,,, but you might have some good subs on the bench.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Ok, in just a couple of minutes I put this Spurs team together

Jennings

Trippier
England
Alderweireld
Knowles

Peters
Mackay
Perryman
Bale

Greaves
Kane

Subs

Clemence
Hoddle
Ardiles
White
Roberts

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Aw!, come on.....No Duncan Edwards, or Bobby Charlton, or Roy Keane, or Peter Schmeicel, nor even a certaim Mr. Beckham!!,,,, but you might have some good subs on the bench.
Beckham wouldn’t get in the top 50 Man Ure players, very average player massively over hyped.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Grobelaar

Neil
Hansen
Lawrenson
Nicol

Gerrard
Souness
Whelan
Barnes

Dalglish
Rush

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Quite like when old players do their all time team, so why not do ours for our respective clubs.

De Gea

Irwin
Vidic
Ferdinand
Neville.G

Giggs
Scholes
Robson
Kanchelskis

Best
Cantona
Surely Rooney is the big omission here? Even speaking as a Liverpool supporter, I think there’s a case for him to be the best English footballer ever?
Certainly more influential in Man Ure’s glory than Kanchelskis?

Pokerstar

Site Supporter

Jennings

Trippier
England
Alderweireld
Knowles

Peters
Mackay
Perryman
Bale

Greaves
Kane

Subs

Clemence
Hoddle
Ardiles
White
Roberts
Clearly you value solid, workmanlike players over flair looking at that midfield?

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Interesting. Three teams selected and of the 33 players only 7 are not british and Irish.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Yep I know, the trouble when it has to be 11, as you say the bench might be handy. I have some glaring omissions, e.g Ronaldo too (plus the ones you mentioned), for me, it wasn't just on raw talent, but I was also influenced by my personal 'likeability' of certain players. It's difficult isn't it? Take keepers, Stepney, Bailey and of course Schmeicel all good/great in their era. Beckham also an interesting one, I wonder if a certain Mrs Beckham hadn't dragged him around every major and fashionable city in the world, whether he would have stayed on a few seasons longer.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Surely Rooney is the big omission here? Even speaking as a Liverpool supporter, I think there’s a case for him to be the best English footballer ever?
Certainly more influential in Man Ure’s glory than Kanchelskis?
As I say, it was very difficult. Would be on my bench of course.
In the choice you have made as a comparison though poker, Kanchelskis and Rooney are two different positions. Kanchelskis was very influential in his position and in his ability to be a winger.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
As I say, it was very difficult. Would be on my bench of course.
In the choice you have made as a comparison though poker, Kanchelskis and Rooney are two different positions. Kanchelskis was very influential in his position and in his ability to be a winger.
Of course and there’s a difference between a list of best players and creating a team.
A player like Andy Cole, who scored umpteen goals, might be a better option in a team than Cantona, who was not an out and out goal scorer, but i can appreciate why you would select the French man, being a United fan.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter

De Gea

Irwin
Vidic
Ferdinand
Neville.G

Giggs
Scholes
Robson
Kanchelskis

Best
Cantona
Just noticed you have two right backs?

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
Good strikers do not have to score lots of goals to be good strikers.
Holding the ball up,making runs to take players out of play and thus create space,creating assists.
Heskey was hammered for his lack of goals but the other players loved playing with him.
Owen and Shearer to name but two both sang his praises and they know a bit about what is needed.

IMO better to have a team that scores goals from all the players on the pitch than that of a team reliant on one/two strikers

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Good strikers do not have to score lots of goals to be good strikers.
Holding the ball up,making runs to take players out of play and thus create space,creating assists.
Heskey was hammered for his lack of goals but the other players loved playing with him.
Owen and Shearer to name but two both sang his praises and they know a bit about what is needed.

IMO better to have a team that scores goals from all the players on the pitch than that of a team reliant on one/two strikers
I can assure you that there’s a long queue of Liverpool strikers ahead of Heskey!!!!!!!

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
My point was in relation to Cole being a better choice than Cantona.
No good having a prolific striker if a team does not play to his strengths

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
My point was in relation to Cole being a better choice than Cantona.
No good having a prolific striker if a team does not play to his strengths
The two selected by @Northantslad were Best and Cantona. My point was neither is what would be recognised as an orthodox finisher, though both scored plenty of goals and perhaps as a team, the best individuals might not achieve as much as someone like Cole, who’s all round contribution may be less but was a master at scoring.
With Best and Cantona up front my conjecture is that you might not capitalise on the service provided by Kanchekskis and Giggs, ie lots of quality crosses.

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
If Best was playing the chances are Giggs and Kan wouldn't see the ball.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter

Jennings

Trippier
England
Alderweireld
Knowles

Peters
Mackay
Perryman
Bale

Greaves
Kane

Subs

Clemence
Hoddle
Ardiles
White
Roberts
Interesting that there’s no mention of Gascoigne?
I would tend to agree on not selecting him and in many ways I think that sums him up.
Undoubtedly had the talent but never quite the application.
The film ‘Gascoigne’ is a riveting watch and I would highly recommend to anyone with an interest in football.