Your first thoughts

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
What are you first thoughts as you get to your peg ?

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
In Summer - how do the margins look?

In Winter - not much, just get set up and get comfortable. I suppose one thought is "Can I ship 13m of pole back comfortably?"

The answer is normally - No.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
If using rod and line, visualise casting perfectly to target part of the swim.

Amid a sense of wonderment.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Can I have a re-draw? or...who the heck picked this place?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Once I get my gear to my peg my thoughts then go to making sure the old lads are ok 👍then I can go about thinking my plan😉

Fred Davis

I now have no thoughts as I have gone to pegs that I would rather not have drawn only to have won the day, and gone to so called fliers where I have blown out completely, it's all on the day and the conditions dictate.

Total

Site Supporter
Look at available features, what space I've got, wind direction, can I see fish moving, how the probable weather throughout my day may affect my available options, time of year. If in a match, what weight I'll need to win/frame for section/lake etc.....Plumb up, reassess my previous thoughts......Enjoy my day no matter what happens. :giggle:

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Look at available features, what space I've got, wind direction, can I see fish moving, how the probable weather throughout my day may affect my available options, time of year. If in a match, what weight I'll need to win/frame for section/lake etc.....Plumb up, reassess my previous thoughts......Enjoy my day no matter what happens. :giggle:
The Last part being the most important mate (y)(y)

Silverfisher

Generally for me it’s how deep is it, which way will the wind blow and then where will the sun be. Also a good point made above on where there is a spot for a pee!

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just recently, thinking how much I could be doing something else, rather than sat on poor draws and lakes that are fishing hard.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Maesknoll ......Get the fly rods out! (y)........(not at Viaduct though!;))
Getting too warm for fluff chucking - there were some guys catching carp on flys at Viaduct last week. Was going to go today, but just couldn’t be arsed.