Yorkshire Pudding.

Scalper

Site Supporter
Round or square, large or small - I don't really care just feeeeeeed me them!!! :p

I have a large filled Yorkie in the freezer but can't cook it coz the oven trips my leccies out!! :cry:

Have a new unit on order and I really hope that it doesn't knacker things up or it's a big wiring job!!!

When I was renting the house nothing went wrong in 20 years and as soon as I bought it everything is being a c*nt!!! :cry:

Last edited:

Scalper

Site Supporter
[QUOTE="tipitinmick, post: 2291717, member: 12617"]Im going to be hung drawn and quartered for saying this but, a cold Yorky with brown sauce is very nice. Best run for cover now 🏃[/QUOTE]

You're odder than Scalper old boy!!!

ukzero1

Gorrenny spare tackle for mi maggits Mister?
Site Supporter
[QUOTE="tipitinmick, post: 2291717, member: 12617"]Im going to be hung drawn and quartered for saying this but, a cold Yorky with brown sauce is very nice. Best run for cover now 🏃
You're odder than Scalper old boy!!![/QUOTE]

What's wrong with it? Very tasty in my opinion.

Im 51 nearly 52 and according to my mum Ive been eating Yorkshire pudding since before I can remember. Dad says ...... thats because Yorkshire pudding is all your mum can cook. In Barnsley a Yorky pud was always square / rectangular. Never small and round. We used to eat a decent portion on a plate with gravy BEFORE we had our dinner. Then if there was any left we would have the rest with our beef dinner smothered in gravy. Hey, thinking about it, werent we posh in Barnsley. We had a starter before our dinner. Or were we just greedy bloats ? 👍

they are always small, round and high for us, the bigger question is what do you have them with? for me it only with roast beef dinner, my wife insists on every roast including xmas day!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm pleased to see no one has mentioned Aunt Bessie's :vomiton:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Round or square, large or small - I don't really care just feeeeeeed me them!!! :p

I have a large filled Yorkie in the freezer but can't cook it coz the oven trips my leccies out!! :cry:

Have a new unit on order and I really hope that it doesn't knacker things up or it's a big wiring job!!!

When I was renting the house nothing went wrong in 20 years and as soon as I bought it everything is being a c*nt!!! :cry:
Ill send you a sparky over. No man should be puddingless, especially on Sunday after a days fishing. Its the law up here in Yorkshire. 👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
[QUOTE="tipitinmick, post: 2291717, member: 12617"]Im going to be hung drawn and quartered for saying this but, a cold Yorky with brown sauce is very nice. Best run for cover now 🏃
You're odder than Scalper old boy!!![/QUOTE]
Mmmmmm thanks for that Scalper 😏😏😏😏😆😆😆👍👍

fishcatcher4

When i was a kid we always had ours before our dinner like a few others have said and it was always a big piece not the small ones.
Now days i only have a big yorkshire pudding when we are having stew with it and always have brown sauce on it.
A good tip i picked up and one that works when making your own is to put an extra egg white in the mix and this ensures they will always rise well.( so to speak).:)

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
A comment by @ukzero1 on another thread got me thinking.......

reading it implies that they are the small individual ones......

These to me are an abomination and just don't cut it I'm afraid :poop: Controversial coming from a born and bread Londoner, yet alone one that now lives in Yorkshire but to me a Yorkshire Pudding has always been done in a big dish so that a slab is cut from it and served on your plate.........

That's my take on it, what's yours? ;)
You're quite correct. That's how my old mother did them. She was born and bred in Bradford. Her father was Indian but she was as Yorkshire as Parkin.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
That's what the Yorkshire Pudding was made for - a starter to fill you up cheaply before the more expensive main course :)

The idea being once you filled up on puds, you wouldn't want such a big dinner
My grandad used to say "Them as eats most pudding, gets most most meat".

The idea being, as you say, that if you have a big appetite and eat most pudding, you won't want a lot of meat.

I always reserve a few little puddings, or a slab of a big pudding, for afters.
Kept warm in the oven, then topped with butter and Golden Syrup ... :love:

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Drizzle a little sunflower oil evenly into two 4-hole Yorkshire pudding tins or a 12-hole non-stick muffin tin and place in the oven to heat through. To make the batter, tip 140g plain flour into a bowl and beat in 4 eggs until smooth. Gradually add 200ml milk and carry on beating until the mix is completely lump-free.

then throw the lot in the dustbin, tasteless sh!te, or just use the mix to make pancakes covered in maple syrup.